Sunday, May 31, 2009



We went to church this morning and then, afterwards, went to Pizza Hut for lunch with Nana and Papa. Jack made Nana very happy and said "na-na". Hailey had a coupon for a free small pizza for her reading program so she was excited to use it. She read the most books in her class, 111 in just 2 months! And we didn't even count all the ones that we read more than once, which was alot because they both have their favorite stories that they like to read over and over. I knew we read alot of books, but I didn't realize how many until we did this reading program where we had to write down the title of each book we read and hang it on the wall at school. The kids are always asking me to read books to them during the day and we always read books before nap and bedtime. It sure adds up quick. When we got home, the kids and I stayed outside to play while daddy did the trimming in the yard. We sat out on the porch swing while he mowed the back yard. Jack was sure interested in the mower. I was surprised he didn't cry about the loud noise. I put the boys down for a late nap at 3:30. Then Hailey and I went back outside. The neighbor kids came over to play for about a half an hour. Then I went in to do some laundry while Haley sat at the fence and talked to the neighbor kids. Jack woke up at 4:30, and I woke Max up at 5:00. I showed Jack the flowers on the cupboard that Hailey picked for me. I pointed to them and said "pretty". He then reached for them and said "pibby". He kept saying "pibby" every time we walked by them after that. Also at church today, he reached out to touch a picture on the wall and said "picture" pretty clear after I said it. He's really starting to try to repeat words. We ate dinner and Hailey went back outside to talk to the neighbor kids through the fence again while I did some more laundry. Max wanted to stay inside and play with his new cars that he got at the garage sale yesterday. After I folded all the clothes from the dryer and then started another load, we all went outside again for a little while until pj time.

No comments: