Monday, May 18, 2009


Bruce took the day off work so he can go with Hailey to school this evening for "science night". (They have it in the evening so most of the dads will be able to come. The preschool teacher does this every year with her class so that the dads all have a chance to come see their kids at school.) Hailey was very excited to tell daddy when she found out they were going to have "science day" at school. She told him "You will love it cause we are going to do experiments and it's science!" She has been talking about it and counting down the days ever since. We worked more packing again today. Bruce had to leave to run some errands. The neighbor kids came to the fence begging to come over. I told them not right now cause I was busy and couldn't watch them. I was running in and out of the house doing laundry and packing the camper. I wanted Hailey and Max to play close up by the house, riding their cars and bikes on the porch, so I could keep an eye on them through the back door when I was in folding laundry. I knew that if the neighbor kids came over, they'd all want to play on the swings and in the fort where I couldn't see them. Hailey ran to the fence while I was out for a few minutes. Gabby started begging again to come over. I again told her no. I heard her whispering something to Hailey. Hailey ran back to me and said "Gabby said your mean. But your not. Your just busy, right?" Hailey ran back to talk to her and then came runing back to me telling me that Gabby is coming over even though she told her no. She said that Gabby asked her stepdad and he said he would watch them. I don't know him well and don't want to leave Max and Hailey out with him alone. So they came over and I had to stop what I was doing and stay out with them. They stayed for a couple hours until Bruce got home from work. Then it was time to get Hailey ready to leave for school. We had to hurry up and eat a quick dinner before she left. She was so excited to have daddy come to school with her. She had alot of fun doing sciecne experiments with daddy. Of course, Daddy had fun too. Hailey couldn't wait to tell me that they ate cookies for a snack. The teacher let the kids take some cookies home too. She had a big smile on her face as she handed me a bag with a couple cookies in it saying "And these are for you!" Hailey was excited to show me what she did. She did a really neat thing, drawing with crayons on wax paper over a hot plate. They melted as she colored and it really turned out neat. Max sure is getting good at praying his own prayers. He said the cutest prayer at dinner time and bedtime tonight. But he'll just go on and on and on. So I tried helping him end it by saying amen for him and he said "But it's not your turn to pray. Only mine turn. Silwee (silly) mommy." We wouldn't get to eat or go to bed if we let him continue as long as he liked. I talked him into saying amen himself. Part of his prayer went "...And Jesus help me to be nice to Haywee. And Jesus help me to be nice to da puppy. And Jesus help me to be nice to Nana. And Jesus help me to be nice to Grandma Debbie..." He went on and on saying everybody he could think of, all the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Then he said "And Jesus help me to always be nice. And help me to love one anudder). I wuv you Jesus. You are so nice. In Jesus name, Amen."

No comments: