Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Saturday, May 2, 2009




By the creek where my sisters and I used to play.


Hailey loved hearing all the stories and seeing where we used to play.




This is a new bridge but it still brought back great memories. It used to be a one lane bridge with a dirt road.




Posing for the camera.


This afternoon, I had a wedding shower to go to. Kimmy and I met at my mom's house so we could all ride together. I brought Hailey and Jack with me. Bruce was taking Max and dropping him off at Uncle Jared's on his way to work. Max was very excited about getting to go play with Jacob and Adam. We had a nice time at the shower visiting with friends that we haven't seen in awhile. Hailey had fun playing with Eve and Gage, and also loved seeing the new baby. While we were all playing the shower games, Eve asked Hailey to chase her. Hailey said "I think we need to play something calm." Hailey got out her backpack and they all sat on the floor playing with the toys and stuff she had brought. On the way home, we drove past our old house that we grew up in. We got out to knock on the door but nobody was home. We were sad to see our big sand hill was gone. It brought back memories seeing our favorite tree that we used to climb and play under. However, we were sad to see that our big sand hill was gone. Then we stopped and walked around by the creek that we used to play by. Hailey had fun hearing all our stories and seeing where we used to play. Then we drove to the little corner store where my mom and dad would take us to pick out candy. Vikki gave Hailey and Kenzie each a dollar to spend. They had fun picking out their candies. We sure have alot of great memories growing up and I was glad to get to share some of them with Hailey today. Kimmy offered to have Max spend the night. Hailey and I stayed and visited when we got back to my mom's house. We had chili for dinner. Hailey loves Nana's chili and ate two whole bowls. Hailey and Jack both fell asleep on the way home. They stayed asleep when I moved them to their beds.

1 comment:

mom s said...

That was sure fun stopping at our old house and then at the bridge. Lots of good memories there. Fun day!