Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Digging for worms.







Max loved his little worm he found.


Eating icecream after dinner.


After dropping Hialey off at school this morning, he went over to grandpa's to do some yard work. When Max woke up, we watched Curious George. Then we got ready and went outsdie to play. Max sure has been having fun with the basketball hoop the last few days. He said "Will you play bak-sit ball with me? Dat will be fun. Den you can say Good Job and Al-mose (almost)". As we were on our way back inside, Max held up his hands. hiding his thumb so I could only see his four fingers. He said "I don't hab no fumb." Then he started giggling and stuck his thumb back up for me to see and said "I teased you!" He loves to tease me like this lately. Daddy picked Hailey up from school on his way home. We ate lunch outside. Hailey is very excited that we scheduled a playdate with one of her friends from school. She has been begging for Ally to come over and play, so we are having them over on Monday after school for lunch. Ally also has two brothers that are very close in ages to Jack and Max. So Hailey has already started planning for that day. When I went to pour Hailey and Max some lemonade for lunch, she told me to save some for Monday. I told her that I would make more for when they came over. THen she said "Well, onlyl if it's gone you'll have to or if there's only a little bittit (bit)". After we were done eating, we stayed out to play some more. We got lots of yard work done and planted the flower boxes. I talked to Ken, our neighbor, while Bruce worked on fixing things in the front yard. The kids had fun playing in their driveway and on their porch. Ken held Jack the whole time we were talking. Then he played with Max for awhile. Around 2:30, I took the boys inside and put them down for their nap. Bruce had to leave for work shortly after 3:00. This evening, after dinner, the kids and I went back outside to play. I gave them pushes on the swings. Then I dished up some icecream for us. Max wanted his in a cone but Hailey just wanted a bowl. She still doesn't like to eat the cone. We sat on the patio swing and ate our icecream and then came in to wash up and get ready for bed. Hailey was excited to go get the toothbrushes ready again. While I was tucking the boys in bed, Hailey sat at the table to write. She showed me her paper after I came out and said "I know how to spell any - N E". Then she said "And I know how to spell any thing too - N E V, right?"

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Funny how Max teases you. Love the missing thumb joke - funny boy.

mom s said...

I can see who did all the work now getting the soil ready to plant the flowers. Great shovels.