Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 24, 2009 (Camping- Day 2)




The kids sure love playing in these woods right next to our campsite. Hailey made a "house" between some trees and had fun playing with her dolls.

She showed Max a spot that could be his "bedroom". They had so much fun playing "house" together. It reminded me of all the times my sisters and I spent playing house back in our woods when we were little.

Walking with their "walking sticks".

They also liked climbing up the fallen down tree.

Posing for pictures.


This is a picture of our campsite. I was standing next to our camper while taking this picture. Those are the woods that the kids love playing in so much, and the bathrooms are on the other side of those.

And now this picture is taken standing next to the woods. We had such a HUGE campsite with so much room for the kids to run around and play.

Jack liked when we'd bury his feet in the sand, and he'd wiggle them to find them.

Max had fun playing in the sand too, but not long after we got there, he started complaining that it was too bright and his head hurt.













We took a walk and found this little stream, so we stopped to play for awhile.



The kids found some sticks and pretended to fish.









Bruce didn't want me taking a picture of him pushing Abby in the stroller. Every time I went to take a picture, he'd start running fast.

Or he'd quickly let go of the stroller and give it to one of the kids to push. We were laughing so hard. It was so funny. He said he did not want anyone to see this.

I acted like I had given up trying to get the picture and walked way ahead. Then when he wasn't expecting it any more, I quickly pulled the camera out and got this picture. So here is proof! Bruce WAS pushing our little dog in a stroller. And I think we can all see that Bruce loves his new little puppy, or should I say baby.

Hailey put Abby in her doll stroller and pushed her all around our campsite. Abby looked quite comfortable in there and seemed to enjoy the ride.



Jack loved corn on the cob.



This morning, we heard alot of dogs barking, so I said "I think the dogs are all talking to each other." Then Hailey said "Yep, they're communicating." The kids had fun playing in the woods next to our campsite until breakfast was ready. After eating breakfast, we went for a walk to the beach. The kids played in the sand and then we walked down by the water. Max wouldn't walk with bare feet down close to the water. He whined saying he didn't want to go to the beach and ran back to the stroller, which we had parked in the sand near the woods. Hailey and even Jack loved the water. We rolled their pants up so they could stick their feet in the water which they both enjoyed. Jack cried whenever I picked him back up out of the water. Max kept asking if we could go back to the camper. I brought Jack over to play in the sand by the stroller again so Max would be happier. They had fun burying their feet in the sand. Jack liked when we'd ask where his feet went and then would yell "There they are!" when he'd kick them out again. He also loved feeling the wet sand on his feet when we were down by the water. Max said the sun was hurting his head so we headed back to the camper. We had sandwiches and chips for lunch. Then we went for another walk through the woods on a trail. Max seemed much happier in the shade and he wore his sunglasses this time. We took the puppy with us. She did great on the leash. We found a stream for the kids to stop and play in. They had fun pretending to fish with some sticks they found. Daddy helped them find minnows. There was a big log across the water, and Hailey loved balancing across it. Bruce made me kind of nervous walking across it carrying Jack. Hailey said "Daddy, you're making me nervous!" before I even said anything. We headed back to the camper when I noticed Jack was a VERY stinky boy. I carried him so he wouldn't get the stroller dirty. We put the puppy in the stroller so we could walk faster. Bruce was pushing the stroller and said he wasn't going to do this once we got off the trail cause he didn't want anyone to see him pushing a dog in a stroller. He gave me a hard time when I tried taking a picture. I did finally get one though. We were all laughing so hard all the way back as every time I pulled out the camera, he'd walk away from the stroller or he'd run really fast past me. The kids sure thought it was funny. When we got back, Daddy and Hailey went to the store while I put the boys down for their nap. While Max was laying on the bed, I got my notebook to jot some things down for my blog. Max said "Pretend you da docker (doctor) mommy. Say my name." Then he told me his first and last name and told me to say it. I said it and he said "No you gotta write it and say it." While the boys were sleeping, I decided to lay down too. Jack and the puppy woke up and started crying just as I fell asleep. I brought them both in bed with me so I could at least lay down for a few more minutes. I was surprised that Jack actually fell back asleep. The puppy just enjoyed laying on our bed watching out the window. I fell asleep for about a half an hour until Daddy and Hailey got back. Max and Jack woke up soon after. The kids enjoyed playing in the dirt and rocks again and then in the woods. Hailey pushed the puppy all around in her doll stroller. Abby was so relaxed and seemed to really like the ride. Max asked a few times if we could go home. I think his head was still bothering him. While Bruce made hot dogs and corn on the cob over the fire. I took the kids and the puppy for a walk. They decided to ride their bikes. The puppy wanted to run to keep up with them. (She can stand to have any one of us ahead or behind, especially behind. If one of us is behind, shell stop walking and wait.) I ran pushing the stroller for awhile. Jack thought it was fun going fast and was laughing. The food was ready when we got back. Max loved his corn on the cob. I left a little on mine for Jack and he loved it too. We took another walk around the campground. Then we went to let the kids play at the park by the beach. The kids made a friend right away, a 3 year old boy. They all played on the slide together. I was glad it was a small one so Max could go down too. It wasn't even as tall as us. The boys liked rolling sticks and rocks down it. Then they wanted to swing. There were no baby swings, so I let Max swing on my lap. Max liked swinging with me. He laughed when I let the puppy swing with us too. We headed back to do s'mores before getting ready for bed. I told the kids a story before tucking them in bed. Hailey asked if we could play "leapfrog prayer" She explained that we sit in a circle and take turns praying, and intead of saying "Amen" at the end of each prayer, we just jump right in and start praying when it's our turn. Max started crying for silly reasons many many times throughout the day and was doing it alot especially the last hour before putting him to bed. We had to laugh cause we said we should call the brain injury hotline. They gave us information on it while we were at the hostpital and told us to call it if we had any questions or if we needed to talk to someone. They said "A 3 year old toddler plus a brain injury was a very bad combination. Multiply fits by 10 for amount and intensity." That is so true too. He gets upset over the littlest things. I sure hope he gets better soon. I feel really bad for him.

1 comment:

mom s said...

I like how you and Jack match in the pictures and Hailey and Bruce match. Looks like lots of fun for all of you but poor Max with his head hurting.