Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 25, 2009 (Camping- Day 3)

It was pretty cold this morning. We were glad we still had our emergency bag of hats and mittens in the van.
























Max loved looking for rocks and shells.










While waiting for the food to cook, daddy took turns dancing with each kid singing made up songs like "Daddy and Hailey, going so fast, going slow, turn around, up and down". They were giggling so hard as he did the actions to what he was saying in the song.




This morning, Bruce made potatoes and a yummy egg and ham omelet in tinfoil over the fire. After breakfast, the kids played in the dirt and rocks around the fire pit and also in the woods while we cleaned up. Then we took a morning walk and stopped at the playground to play. Bruce took the kids for a short bike ride while Jack was napping. When he woke up, I carried him down the road calling "daddy". He copied me calling "daa dee" very loudly. I was so cute. Max learned how to pedal his tricycle, but he still prefers to push with his feet instead cause he can go faster that way. Jack definately tries to sing "Patty Cake" now. It sounds alot like it and he sings it the same way whenever he claps. He was singing alot while sitting in his stroller or in his highchair today. By lunchtime, the place was pretty cleared out. There was only a few campers left. Ours was the only camper in our loop and then there was one other one in the loop next to ours. Hailey and Max had fun riding their bikes around the loop. It was nice that they could ride around without us since we could see them easily with no campers in the way. Bruce made ham and cheese sandwiches (toasted peanut butter and jelly for the kids) in tinfoil over the fire. They were so good toasted over the fire. I tried the peanut butter and jelly ones and they were good too. The kids loved them, especially Max. We went to the beach after lunch. We took the sand toys and pails. We all had fun making sand castles and decorating them with rocks and shells. On our way back from the beach, we saw a man walking his big white fluffy dog. As he walked by, Max asked "Can I pet your polar bear?" The man laughed. The kids loved feeling the dogs fuzzy fur. We left to go get a coffee and then came back to start dinner. Bruce made tin foil dinners (carrots, corn, potatoes, and hamburger) over the fire. The kids and I played hide and seek while we waited for the food to cook. Max and I hid first and Hailey counted. We hid behind a tree. Max did very good staying quiet and still. It took Hailey awhile to find us. We had fun chasing each other to tag the next counter. It was my turn to count next. When I got done counting, Max was still standing behind me and said "But I want to hide by da twee wif you." I told him to go ahead and hide behind the tree while I go find Hailey, but he said "No! Wif you, mommy." Hailey was hiding under the camper, and I had a hard time finding her. We each had our own tinfoil dinners, even Jack (mashed carrots) and the puppy. Jack really loved his carrots and ate them all, even though I had already fed him his usual, a veggie and cereal with fruit. He liked his carrots so much he begged for bites of mine. I fed him some of everything the burger, potatoes, carrots, and corn. He loved it all. We had a fire going all day long, and all our meals today were cooked in tinfoil over the fire. (Bruce went around and collected all the firewood that people left behind.) After dinner, I took Jack to give him a bath. I washed his hair in the big sink and gave him a sponge bath. Then I came back to the camper to feed him and put him to bed while daddy took Max to get washed up in the shower. Hailey and I had fun singing songs while I fed Jack. I got Jack to sleep, and then daddy got Max tucked in bed while I took Hailey to the shower. Max was already asleep when we got back. We let Hailey stay out by the fire with us for a little while. Then after tucking her in bed, Bruce and I sat out by the fire. We got hungry and made s'mores. We came in to read before going to bed.

2 comments:

mom s said...

Cute pictures. I love the ones of Bruce and the kids.

Kimmy said...

Very cute pictures! Funny what Max said about the "polar bear" dog - hahahah!