Thursday, May 7, 2009



Posing in her dance recital costume for us.




Filling their "treasure boxes" (from their KFC meals).



Hailey was very proud of herself for writing her name "just like her teacher wants her to practice for kindergarten" (using the D'Nealian or "monkey tail" style). She made sure to put a tail on her A and also added one to her Y.

Hailey fixing my hair.

I tried taking a picture of us together aftter she was done, but I was a little off. I was trying to do it just by holding the camera out in front of us. We had fun trying though and alot of good laughs looking at the pictures after each try.

So she took the camera and posed me for a picture. She asked me to look in the mirror so she could see the back.

Hailey and I woke up with sore throats and stuffy noses. Bruce took Max to Menards with him this morning. Max was excited to go to the "tractor store". Hailey asked me to come play dollhouse with her in her bedroom. Then she said "Jack can come play too. We can just play with the little dollhouse (Little People) cause that's safe." She knows Jack can't play with her big dollhoue cause of the small pieces. We all sat on the floor in her rom and played. She gave Jack the baby people and said "Here you can be the baby." Then she also gave him the car and said "He'll like this too." She pushed the button on the car to show him how it makes sounds. Daddy and Max brought home KFC for lunch. Max walked in saying "We got somefin for you! Look it what we got!" He was excited to show me the food. The kids loved the boxes that their kids meals came in. They said they wanteed t0 save them. Hailey said it could be her treasure box. After lunch, I met mom and went to pick up Hailey's dance costume. (A couple of the things that needed to be done to it seemed a bit too complicated so we took it to a lady who posted a sign up in the waiting room at Hailey's dance studio. We had her do Hailey's costume last year and we were really happy with her.) She did a great job on it and it looks really nice. Hailey tried it on when we got back to Nana's. Hailey liked posing for us as we took pictures of her in it. Then I had to head back home before Bruce had to leave for work. When we got home, nobody was home. The car was still there so I looked in the garage and noticed the stroller was gone. Hailey said "They went to the park without us." We looked up and down the roads and didn't see them. We played outside for a few minutes and then headed back to the front yard to see if we could see them coming yet. They were just coming up the sidewalk. Hailey said "They did go to the park! That's not fair!" Daddy told her that they just went for a long walk. He said they've been gone for over an hour and lost track of time. He had to hurry to get ready to leave for work on time. I stayed outside and played with the kids. When we came back inside, I put Max down for a very late nap. He was getting pretty grumpy and since it was so late (4:00) I was just going to have him lay down for a half an hour, hoping he wouldn't fall asleep so late. I left his bedroom door open and told him he only needed to rest for a little bit. He fell asleep in just a few minutes. I had to wake him up at 5:30 for dinner. He cried when he woke up and didn't stop for about a half an hour. Later, while he was drinking his milk, he said "This hurts me to drink my milk." I asked him where and he pointed to his throat. Jack started getting fussy right before bedtime. He had a harder time falling asleep tonight. I think he might be getting a cold too. Before bed, I read Hailey one of her daily devotions. It was about being quiet and still so you can listen and hear God talking to your heart. Hailey said "I want to do that right now. She closed her eyes and was very quiet for a moment. Then she said "You want to know what God told me? He said love me and believe in me. Oh and he said don't eat too much sugar or you might get cavities." I had all three kids tucked in bed by 8:30. Now it's midnight and Jack just woke up crying, all stuffed up and having a hard time breathing through his nose. I had to make saline drops and then suction out his nose so he could get back to sleep. I also propped up his matress. I'm thinking we're probably not going to get much sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Love what Hailey said after listening to God.

mom s said...

I love what God spoke to Hailey's heart. So precious. Cute hair style she gave you. You both look cute together.