Monday, June 1, 2009

Climbing over the couch cushions.


Wrestling.




Taking a break. They layed there like this for quite awhile. I thought it was so sweet.

"Crayon Park".



Max liked the maze.

Hailey and Max LOVED this pully system to bring loads of sand up. There were many spouts and stuff to pour the sand into. It was really neat.











Abby seemed to have as much fun playing as the kids. She was climbing up with the kids, following them, and then she'd go down the slide with one of the kids.









They all could ride on this together. There was even a spot for Abby.





It was raining when we woke up this morning. Right away Max said "Can I take dese (the couch cushions) out cause it's wainin (raining) outside. (When it's raining, we let the kids put the couch cushions on the floor to jump on and climb over.) Even Jack had fun. He loved climbing over them. We had to go to some stores and then went to the mall to pick up our pictures. We walked around mall and went to some shoe stores. Max really needed some new shoes. He sure goes through shoes fast. We just got him a new pair last month, but he wore a hole right through the toe from riding his car around. We usually put on a pair of old shoes when he rides his car but forgot a couple times while we were camping. After that, we decided to go to "Crayon Park". Hailey had a field trip here and loved it. They call it crayon park because of the giant crayon box. Hailey got on the motorcycle with Jack. Jack cried when she got off. She felt bad for him and got back on to give him another ride. He stopped crying right away but started when she got off again. I distracted him with something else, so Hailey could go play. It was such a neat park. The kid oved the pullies and buckets of sand. And they also loved the bridges and pretending to be a train while walking under it. We could let Abby run around without the leash cause it was all fenced in. She would climb right up with the kids, following them everywhere. Max and Hailey took her down the slides and she seemd to really enjoy it. They liked running through the maze, climbing the giant spider web, and playing in the "restaurant". They had fun making me pancakes, pies, hamburgers, cookies, and cake. Then they would tell me how much it cost, and I'd pretend to pay them. We all had alot of fun. When we got home, we made taco salad for dinner. Jack loved the beans. Hailey and Max ate all theirs too, and begged for some of my beans. We got the kids to bed early, around 7:00, since they missed their nap today. Max fell asleep within minutes. I took Abby for a walk around the block while Bruce stayed with the kids. For some reason she is afraid of fire hydrants. Every time we passed one she would stop walking. I had to pull her past it and then she started walking again. We passed three and she did the same thing for all of them. Then I stopped to talk to the neighbor. We laughed as Abby tried to "attack" Nova. She would bark at her and Abby would run away at first but then kept inching her way closer every time. They had a barking contest. Then Inoticed Hailey in the window watching us. I peeked in the window, thinking I would find daddy asleep on the couch, since this was his last day of midnights, and he hadn't gone to bed yet. But I found him on the swing out back reading a book. Hailey begged to come out and say goodnight to Ken. We let her, and I then tucked her back in bed. Bruce stayed out talking to Ken. Hailey came out to go to the bathroom and then again to ask for a snack. I told her to go back to bed and stay or she can't watch TV tomorrow. After a few minutes, I went back outside to visit with the neighbor agin. We were out for quite awhile and when I came back in I heard the sound of feet running across the floor. I caught Hailey on her way back to her room. I told her no TV tomorrow. She cried for a few minutes and then fell asleep.

No comments: