Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It started raining this morning, so the kids took the cushions off the couch to play with. (I let them do this on rainy days and now it's something they get so excited about as soon as they see it raining outside. They have alot of fun climbing over them, piling them all on top of each other and jumping off, making tents and forts out of them, and whatever else they come up with.) Today they also got out the tunnel. With pillows, blankets, and the cushions, they made a little obstacle course. They put the tunnel on top of it all and had fun with that. Hailey and Max would scooch on their butts down it saying it was a slide. They sure had alot of fun.

Jack had fun climbing through it too. He liked climbing up the "hill". Hailey thought it was so funny when he started climbing up and made it all the way.

Jack laughed whenever Hailey peeked at him as he was climbing up.


After awhile, he just layed back at the bottom of the tunnel with his feet up. I think he was tired out from all the climbing. He sure looked comfortable and stayed like this for a quite long time. I almost thought he was going to fall asleep cause he looked so relaxed.





Hailey found one of Jack's shirts in the laundry basket and came out with it on over her shirt. She said "This shirt fits me." She also had a pullup on her head. She looked so silly.

Max put used Jack's toys to make a "fire hose". He then pretended to spray the fire out of the "house" he made.


Hailey was standing by his "house", so he aimed it at her and thought it was so funny that he was spraying her.

Then he turned toward me and said "I spray you! I gettin' you all wet." He was laughing so hard, especially when I told him he was getting my camera all wet.

Today it was beach day at school, so Hailey was excited to get to wear her swim suit, sandals, and sunglasses. They played games, had a picnic (snack) on their beach towels, and found sea shells (hidden around the classroom). She told me all about it when she got home. It sounded like she had alot of fun. My mom came over after lunch and watched Max and Hailey while I took Jack to the doctor for his ear check. They said the infection had cleared up and he's doing good. He sure loves the fish in the waiting room. He gets so excited when he sees the fish tank, kicking his legs as we walk up to it. He also enjoyed crawling around the waiting room. He kept crawling under the little tables through to the other side and then back again. Hailey and Nana had fun drawing each other pictures. Hailey loved the picture that Nana made for her. She took it and put it in a box saying it was very special. (She had gotten a box out of the recycling saying it was for all her special papers.) Max was very sweet with Jack again today. He just loves making him laugh and is always bringing him toys to play with. Max was cuddling with me on the couch and kept pushing my lips or cheeks up saying "You are lookin' silly." Then he'd do it to his face and say "Are I lookin' silly too?" After eating dinner when Bruce got home from work, we left to go to the music concert and art fair at Hailey's school. We got to listen to the band, the orchestra, and the bell choir. They sure were good. Hailey really liked the bells. She said "I want to do that. That sounds pretty." She also enjoyed listening to the kids sing in the choir. Max loved the band, especially the drums. He kept dancing to the music. Hailey was excited to see her teacher who sat in the row next to ours. She kept begging us if she could go sit with her. She ran up to give her a hug as soon as the concert was over. She also liked seeing Karina, one of the girls from her class, there. They ran up and gave each other a hug when they saw each other. After the concert, we all headed to the gym to see some of the artwork the kids did this school year. Hailey loved seeing some of hers hanging on the wall. She pointed out to us which ones she did. They had ice cream for everyone in the gym afterwards. Hailey and Max both picked ice cream bar, and I shared the vanilla ice cream in my drumstick with Jack. Max watched me as I scooped some of the ice cream on my finger to give to Jack. Then he scooped some of his ice cream with his finger and fed Jack some bites. It was so cute. He was very careful to just get the vanilla ice cream and not the chocolate on the outside. When he got down to the middle of his, he got excited and said "Oh, dere's somefin in it! I wike dis!" His was a recess peanut butter cup one, and he had gotten down to the peanut butter. Hailey saw Karina in line to get her ice cream and ran over to ask her to come sit with us. They were cute sitting on the bleachers together talking and giggling while eating their ice cream bars. On the way home, Hailey asked if Jack's birthday was July 21st. I told her it was the 15th. She said "But if it was the 21st then it would only be 2 more days till David's birthday cause his is the 23rd." Then she asked if Jessie's birthday was July 22nd. I told her it was July 27th and she said "Oh... Well, that's five more days." (showing me on her fingers that counting from 22 to 27 is five more days) ). She sure is good with numbers. We got home around 8:30. It was very nice outside, so I let the kids run around the yard a couple times. I brought the puppy out to run with them. They had fun and were laughing hard as Abby chased them around the yard. Hailey stayed out and helped daddy take the garbage out to the road while I got Max and Jack tucked in bed. Hailey came back inside while I was still getting them to bed. She sat quietly at the table looking through her barrettes in her jewelry box while I finished with the boys.

1 comment:

mom s said...

So funny how Hailey tried on Jack's shirt. I can't believe she can fit into it. The pullup on her head is quite an accent to her outfit.
I love how she said my picture was special and put it in the box. So Sweet.