Monday, May 11, 2009

Playdate!









Bruce stayed home from work today cause he wasn't feeling too well this morning and was coughing alot. Hailey was so excited when she woke up. Right away she said "Ally's coming today!" Then she went to her room to finish getting things ready. (Last night, before she went to bed, she got her two strollers and put a doll in each, one for her and one for Ally. Then she got her diaper bag and dumped everything out splitting it up into two piles so they would each have a bottle, diapers, outfits, blankets, and diapers for their babies. She got a bag for Ally too and put all the stuff into the diaper bags. She hadn't finished everything she wanted to before it was time to start getting ready for bed. I told her she could finish it tomorrow morning. After getting her tucked in, she said "but I can't sleep cause I'm too excited... We only ever have boys come over to play." She's very excited to have a GIRL friend come play dolls with her. I heard her in her room singing and talking. About two hours later, she came out to go to the bathroom. She had a smile on her face when she came out and still looked very wide awake. When she got back in bed, she called me in asking me to help her get covered back up good. When I walked in her room, she was packing the strollers with more things. I got her tucked back in bed but she sure had a hard time falling asleep. It took her another half an hour.) She was very smiley this morning when she woke up and as she got ready for school. When I picked her up, Ally and Hailey both ran up to me. Hailey was asking if Ally was coming over now and Ally was asking if she could come to Hailey's house now. Ally's mom followed us back to our house. Hailey unbuckled herself and hopped out of the van as soon as we stopped. She sure was out quick. She ran and took Ally's hand. Right away she took her in the house to show her her bedroom. They started playing dolls right away. Ally also has two little brothers. One is Max's age and the other is just a couple months older than Jack. Luke and Max went right to the living room and started playing cars together. The house was so quiet for awhile cause they each had their friends to play with. Tyler, Ally's baby brother, was still sleeping and didn't wake up until lunchtime. Jack had fun crawling around the house and kept smiling at Jinny (Ally's mom). She held Jack for awhile and he seemed to really like her. We had a nice visit while the kids played. We made hotdogs for lunch (Hailey had planned the whole menu- hotdogs, chips, and lemonade). We brought the kids picnic table in for them to eat on. They were so cute talking together and we enjoyed listening to their conversations. Ally's mom brought cookies for desert. After eating and feeding the babies, we took the kids outside to play. Hailey and Ally brought their dolls and strollers out. They played house and the boys played in the sandbox. The babies enjoyed playing in the little playhouse. Then we pushed them all on the swings for awhile. Jack and Tyler were laughing and smiling big as we pushed them. The kids all took turns on the swings and the rocket ship. Then Hailey, Ally, and Luke decided they could all fit on the rocket. So they all climbed on together. It was funny. They decided to head home around 2:00. We both had to get our boys down for naps. It's funny cause we pretty much have the same schedules too, since our kids are all the same ages. She invited me to come to the MOPS group at the church this evening. The realtor came over and looked at the house and put the sign up. After not having anyone show up at the open house yesterday, we decided to just go with a realtor. We had to sigh a bunch of papers. The kids were very good and played very nicely the whole time we were busy with that. After she left we only had time for a quick dinner before we had to leave to go to Hailey's parent teacher conference, so I just made grilled cheese sandwiches. We took Hailey and Max over to the neighbors house and took Jack with us. Hailey's teacher said Hailey is doing great, she said she was a little shy in the beginning but really opened up since March. She said that she is a very intelligent girl and will do great in kindergarten. She showed us some of the things she had her do for the testing and said some of the things she does like a six year old. She said that she always writes her name at the top of the page and when she asked her to draw her shapes she lined them up in a neat row instead of drawing them all over the page. She also says she always thinks before she writes something making sure there is enough room to finish instead of trying to squeeze the last letters or shapes in at the end. She was very impressed and said Hailey is very eager to learn new things too. She said that Hailey loves her family and loves to tell her about things we do or are going to do, whenever she gets a chance. After the conference, Bruce and I went home, and then I took Hailey back with me to go to the MOPS meeting. Hailey was very happy to get to go play with Ally again. Ally smiled and jumped up and down as she saw Hailey coming down the hall. Hailey ran up to her and they took hands. Their class was just heading out to the playground. We introduced Hailey to the teacher and then I headed downstairs to where the meeting was. Tonight was their last meeting till September so it was "spa night". They had message therapists and foot spa people. I got there a little late cause of the conference so I missed the dinner but I still got to have desert. They had so much to choose from. A lady demonstrated a desert for us and then we got to eat that also. It was very good, a pound cake layered with fresh fruit and whipped cream. Then they had message tables set up in one room and pedicures in another. Jinny and I decided to do the pedicure first. My feet were so soft afterwards and felt great. We were the last ones in line to get our messages so we stayed a little later to get ours. I felt so good after that. They drew my name in a couple drawings and they gave me a bunch of other stuff too (since I was new, they gave me a couple welcome bags). They also sent me home with a bag of cookies. I could hardly carry it all. I picked Hailey up and she noticed the cookies right away. I let her have one on the way home. She showed me the Mother's Day card she had made for me in her class and told me about her fun time with Ally. It was 9:00, when we got home so both boys were already in bed. I read Hailey one of her new books she got tonight (There were some things for her in the welcome bag, including a few books.). As I tucked her in bed, she told me about her day. She said "I liked the kindergarten class (that's the room that she was in during the MOPS meeting). It has deskes. But it doesn't have alot of toys, just blocks and books and coloring things. That's not so much fun though, is it. But they do fun things like puppet shows and you sit in your deskes and do work and that's fun. But I wish they had more toys."

1 comment:

mom s said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Ginny's kids playing with Hailey, Max and Jack. So nice to have a good friend with children the same age as yours. I can tell they were having lots of fun.