Thursday, May 28, 2009

The other day when I gave Max a bath, he went to his closet and got out this hat to wear to bed so his wet hair wouldn't bother him, something Hailey taught him. She doesn't like her wet hair touching her back so she always puts on a hat after a bath, so the other day when they got out of the tub, Hailey ran and got Max a hat too. Ever since that night, he has asks for his "ski hat" to wear to nap or bed. His favorite shirt right now is his "Papa Dan race car shirt", and he wanted to wear it again today. He loves to talk about the race car on it and always says "Do Papa Dan wike wace cars? Do he?"



After seeing a little boy riding a small bike just like Max's without training wheels at the campground, she has been begging to try it. She said "Why is he riding with no training wheels and he's littler than me?" Daddy told her that when we got home she could try. So as soon as daddy woke up today (He's on midnights this week.), she started begging him to take the training wheels off her bike. So daddy took her training wheels off and helped her put the knee and elbow pads on along with her helmet. Then he ran along side her riding down the sidewalk without training wheels for the first time. She didn't have quite enough balance for him to let go though. She was very proud of herself for trying and said she wants to keep practicing.

This morning, I woke up to hearing Jack laughing. I assumed that Max must be playing with him, making him laugh. I waited, listening to him for a few minutes before going in to get him. I was surprised to see that Max was still sound asleep. And Jack was standing in his crib looking out the door just laughing. I don't know what he thought was so funny. The puppy was even still asleep in her cage. But whatever it was, he sure thought it was funny. Ever since school has got out, Hailey has been asking if she can go "check the weather." This is something the teacher did with the kids every morning. They took turns being the one to go to the window and look out to tell if it was sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, or windy. Then they would get to stick the sun, cloud, rain, etc. on the wall. There was also a poster of a kid on the wall that they got to dress according to what the weather was like that day. They could choose coat, hat, shoes, boots, sunglasses, etc. Hailey loved doing this. So before she gets dressed in the morning now, she wants to step outside to see what the weather is like. She comes in and tells me, and then runs to get dressed. When Hailey stepped outside this morning, Max said "Can I check da wedder too?" Bruce is on midnights this week so, around 11:00, he went to bed. I took the kids outside to play for awhile so the house would be quiet for him to get to sleep. Jack took a short catnap this morning, only about 15 minutes, and I couldn't even get him to take a nap this afternoon. When I put Max down for his nap, he got out his hospital bracelets and put one on his arm and one on his bear's arm. Then he said "But wear is my other one hospital bwacelet. I have thwee hospital bwacelets, not onwee (only) two." I had put the one from his first visit in his doctor kit cause he had so much fun playing with it the next day. He was happy when I found it for him. He put it on his monkey and said "Nunkie fwiend need one too. We all goin' asweep at da hosibal." He layed down in his bed with his monkey and bear on each side. I pretended to be the doctor and checked his eyes and ears. He smiled and said "But you gotta ask me what happened." I asked him, and he told me all about falling and hurting his head and tongue. Then he said "Now you gotta take me to da big wheel (the CAT scan) to get a picture." I made a big circle with my arms around him and he laughed. Max slept for a couple hours waking up around 4:00. After playing outside and riding bikes for awhile, we went grocery shopping and got home around 8:30. After getting the boys tucked in bed, I started reading Hailey her Bible. She was acting very hyper and kept getting up to play with the puppy. I decided to shut the door to lock the puppy out of the room, and Hailey threw a fit. She got up to let the puppy back in after I had told her not to. I warned her that if she did that again, I was not going to finish reading. She screamed and cried and got up anyway, so I closed the Bible and put it back on the nightstand. She then really started screaming saying "But please read me the Bible. That is very important." Her screaming woke up Jack, and he started crying. I went in and gave him his pacifier which settled him down, and he closed his eyes. But then Hailey came into the room crying which started Jack crying again. I tried giving him pacifier again but he wouldn't take it. I made Hailey go back to her room and wait for me. I told her she couldn't watch any TV tomorrow morning if she didn't stay in her bed. She stayed. Then Max asked to go potty. So it was 10:30 and all three kids were still awake. I went back in to tuck her in and give her a kiss goodnight. She very sweetly said sorry and gave me a hug. She asked me why I wouldn't read the Bible to her if she said she was sorry. I told her that there is consequences for her actions and even though saying sorry is good, it doesn't get you out of trouble when you act up. She cried a little bit but stopped when I told her I still love her even when she is grumpy. Then I gave her a bunch of kisses which put a smile back on her face. She fell asleep very quickly. I think she was definitely over tired tonight.

No comments: