Thursday, May 28, 2009

I got out some colored Popsicle sticks, and the kids had fun "building" things with them. They both said they were building houses. Max also liked crossing two of them and saying "Look, I made a X! Dat's my name!" Then I gave them each a large black piece of construction paper and some glue. Max didn't like the glue so much, but he loved sticking them on as long as I put the glue on for him and left a clean spot for him to grab on to without getting his fingers dirty. After they were both done "building" their pictures, I gave them white chalk and white crayons so they could draw on the black paper. Hailey had already tried writing on hers with a pencil and wrote her name and also wrote out the whole alphabet, but it didn't show up very good. She was happy when the white chalk showed up really good. Max scribbled on his and said "I makin fireworks!"











Jack pulled himself up to one of the dining room chairs and then tried to reach up to grab the back of the chair. It fell on him, scaring him. He cried very hard. Both Hailey and Max acted very concerned for him. They ran over to see if he was OK. Max asked "Is he squished?" Hailey rubbed his head and kissed him saying "Are you OK?" Then they both started making silly faces and playing peek-a-boo. His tears immediately turned into laughter. He went from really crying hard to laughing really hard. It was so funny. As soon as they stopped though, he started crying again. Then Hailey said "I know how to make him happy." She ran and got a toy out of the toybox.She showed it tohim and said "He never saw this toy beforeso that makes him really happy." Then zHailey and Max brought him a bunch more toys from the toybox. I put him on the floor so he could play with them. Hailey and Max kept him happy playing with all the "new" toys.



Last night was the first time Max hasn't complained of a headache since his concussion. I didn't give him Tylenol and he slept all through the night. It was nice not hearing him wake up, crying and complaining that his head hurt. It was hard seeing him go through that. Both Jack and the puppy woke up at 1:30, but Max was still sound asleep. And he ate really well today too. For breakfast, he had yogurt, oatmeal, a bowl of cereal with milk, and a cup of milk. I think he finally got his appetite back and is now trying to catch up. It was a wet rainy day today. All day, Jack has been touching my cheek saying "maa-mee". He also has been saying it alot lately when he wants me or when he's crying for me. I spent most of the day unpacking suitcases and working on the mountain of laundry now piled up in the utility room. My mom came over to show me the pictures she took while on her trip to Washington DC. Hailey was excited to see the pictures of the White House. She has been getting out her map showing us where it is. She also points out Colorado, Hawaii, Florida, California, Texas, and some other ones. She sure knows where alot of the states are. Nana brought surprises for the kids. She got them each a cute little stuffed animal that bounces. They had fun with them and were sure giggling alot. Then my mom and I looked through the pictures on my camera from our camping trip. We watched a few of the videos together too. While I was tucking Max in for his nap, he rubbed his fingers through my hair and said "You lookin pretty, Mama." Then he noticed the toys laying on the floor in his room and said "Hey, I not sposed (supposed) to sleep in a mess. We gotta clean it up." (I got busy unpacking and didn't notice the time, so he was going down for his nap an hour late. That's why I decided to skip our usual routine of cleaning up toys before nap time and pushed them all to the side, against the wall.) Hailey loves to get herself dressed and pick out her own clothes. Sometimes she changes multiple times a day. Lately she likes to wear layers of clothes. Today she came out wearing three long sleeve shirts, two short sleeve shirts, a skirt, slippers, a hat, and a headband. Later this evening, we all went outside to play a game of kickball. It was the first time we used bases with the kids. We did girls against boys. Even Jack got to kick the ball with Daddy's help. Hailey got the hang of the bases pretty quickly, but Max had a harder time understanding. We had alot of good laughs. One time I yelled "Max run home!" He took off running, but instead of going to home base, he ran up to the house. It was time to get pajamas on and start bedtime routines when we came inside.

No comments: