Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Friday, May 1, 2009



I think this picture is from today and just has the wrong date on it. I'm not completely sure, but Hailey is wearing her dance clothes and Max is wearing the same shirt he wore today and we are playing the Wii. So it sure seems like it should be. It seems very unlikely that we would be doing the exact same thing and Max would be wearing the same shirt all in the same day but who knows. I'll have to look back at that day and check it out.

After dropping Hailey off at school, we went to a neighborhood garage sale in a nearby subdivision. I found some nice clothes for the kids. There was alot of garage sales and we didn't get through them all when it was time to get Hailey from school. So we picked her up and went back to go to the rest of them. She told us all about her day at school on the way there. She sure thought "Backwards Day" was fun. She wore her shirt backwards. And they also switched their class schedule around. They said goodbye when they arrived and hello when it was time to go. She also said they walked backwards when going out to the playground and to gym. The kids took their wallets with them to the garage sales. They didn't find anything they wanted to buy until the last couple sales. At the last two sales, they each found a toy to buy. Hailey picked a doll for 75 cents. She was excited to pay herself using the money in her wallet. She was so happy when the lady gave her change back. Max was a little disappointed when Hailey found something to buy but he didn't. He was so happy when he saw some tractors at the next one. He picked a tractor for 50 cents. He was so cute as he opened his wallet and talked to the lady while paying. After he handed her a dollar, she said "I'll get you your change." He replied "You will?" After she handed him his change, he excitedly told me "She gave me two quarters, mommy!" We went to the coney dog place for lunch and then came home for naps. Bruce had to leave for work. Hailey sat at the table and wrote all the letters and then numbers 1-20. (I had to tell her how to write a few of the numbers after 10.) As she was writing she said "I have to practice for kindergarten." She said "I have to practice for kindergarten. I had to wake the kids to get them ready to take Hailey to dance class. My mom came with us. The shades were open today so we could watch her. Afterwards, my mom took us to Tim Horton's for cookies. I also got a mocha. Then we headed back to Nana and Papa's house. We stayed and visited. Hailey asked to play Wii bowling. We all played a few games. We had alot of fun. We didn't leave until almost 10:00. Nana found some pajamas for each of the kids just in case they fell asleep on the way home. She could only find a pair of dark pink ones for Jack though. Max laughed when he saw him and said "Look it Jack, Mommy." I said "What's he wearing?" He responded "He wearin Haywee's cwose (clothes). Is dat funny?" He didn't really know that Hailey wore them when she was a baby. He just assumed they were Hailey's cause they were pink and girlish. (I know my mom took pictures of him in them. I'll have to add them later.) Hailey also laughed when she came into the room and saw him in pink pajamas. Jack did fall asleep on the way home, but Hailey and Max were still wide awake. I carried Jack in the carseat and set it in the kitchen while I went back out to get the rest of the stuff. I threw his blanket over the carseat handle so he wouldn't wake up. Hailey let the puppy out and when I came back in, she was sitting by the carseat yelping and howling cause she wanted to see Jack. She is so loud I can't believe he slept through it. She was happy and stopped howling as soon as I took the blanket off. She sniffed his feet a few times and then ran off to go play. She was running around the house so fast. She was acting crazy. This got the kids all wound up as they were laughing and chasing after her. I moved Jack to his crib and then worked on getting Hailey and Max settled down to read some books. As I was tucking Max in, he licked his lips pretending to eat them and said "Now I don't got no lips." Then he smiled really big and said "I teased you!" He sure giggled thinking it was so funny to tease me.

2 comments:

mom s said...

Backwards day sounds like fun. I'm glad Hailey likes school and likes to practice what she is learning. She's such a good girl.

I love how Max says things. Had to laugh when he was excited about the garage sale lady giving him two quarters. I can just hear him when you write it like he says it. Makes me smile. What a sweetie!

Kimmy said...

Backwards day sure does sound fun.