Thursday, May 21, 2009





I was busy packing all day and doing laundry. The kids enjoyed playing outside most of the day while Bruce and I took turns watching them. I kept an eye on them while I did laundry, and daddy kept an eye on them while he was outside packing up the camper. While he was out with the kids, I worked on getting the kids suitcases packed. It was nice for the kids cause they got to be outside most of the day. As Max stepped out the door this morning, he smiled and excitedly said "Da dockor say I can climb now! And swing too!" I told him not yet and he whined and said "Why? But dat's not fair." He then headed straight for the sandbox. He sat in the sandbox most of the time he was outside. And Hailey mostly stood by the fence talking with the neighbor kids. It sure was a hot day. I got out popsicles for the kids and gave some to the neighbor kids too. They all sat in front of the fence while eating their popsciles. Max made a train with the slides pushing them all together. Hailey and Max had fun playing on that until lunchtime. After lunch, I asked Hailey if she wanted to feed Jack a bottle so I could keep working. Before she got a chance to answer, Max excitedly said "I want to!" He fed him until Jack got distracted and didn't want any more, about half the bottle. Then daddy finished feeding him the rest. All day if I was in living room and Jack started crawling away from me he would stop after a couple feet and then wave. The puppy actually went to the door and scratched on it to go out. I let her out and she peed right away. She still has occasional accidents , one or two, every day but she's getting better. She sure likes to play. She especially loves to get ahold of the kids toys whenever she gets the chance. Anything she can find laying around on the floor, toys, stuffed animals, even the bigger ones she'll drag around the house. Sometimes she'll even grab a toy away from the kids while they are playing with it. Jack will start crying and I'll look over and see Abby taking his toy away. She'll even take some of Max's bigger tractors and somehow push or pull them around. Hailey and Max know just what to do to get her to stop playing with their stuff. They just grab one of her toys and throw it across the room and she drops the toy she's playing with and chases hers instead. At least she doesn't really chew on their stuff, she just plays with it. The only thing she really tries to chew is Jack's pacifiers. As soon as she hears one of those drop out of the crib she gets it and runs. She's chewed up a few of those now. The last few times I've given the kids baths, Abby starts jumping up like she's trying to jump into the tub. She puts her paws on the edge of the tub and begs to get in. Then tonight when I turned the shower on to rinse their hair she went nuts and really started jumping and crying to get in. I thought it was just that she wanted to get in with the kids but tonight she did the same thing when I was in the shower. Lately, I've been giving her baths in the bathtub and using the shower to rinse her and she seems to really enjoy it. She also loves to run around the house after her bath while she's s all wet. I guess she was just begging for a bath too. I wouldn't be surprised one of these days if she actually makes it in, especially when she gets a little bigger. I'm going to have to start locking her in her crate while I give the kids a bath.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Cuter pictures of the boys.

Kimmy said...

Funny how Abby loves the bath. Didn't Champ also love the bath and running around afterwards.

Melissa said...

Yes, Champ always loved his baths and running around all wet afterwards too. But I don't think he ever really tried to jump into the tub. He did jump into the pool alot though, remember? That was so funny.