Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thursday, April 30, 2009

This morning, we did some grocery shopping and then went to TGI Friday's for lunch. Our waiter was very nice and talked alot to the kids. He had kids around the same age. After we were done eating, he told them they were very good and gave them a coupon for a free kids desert. They were very happy to get to pick one from the menu. They picked the dirt sundae. It was made with crumbled up cookies, icecream, and had gummy worms in it. When they started eating it, I asked "Are you guys eating dirt?" Then Hailey said "No, not dirt, DEEE-SERT! (over pronounciating it). She didn't know it was called dirt on the menu. It was a nice day today, in the 60's, so we spent some time outside doing yard work. Bruce mowed and then cleaned up the flower bed. While he was doing that, teh kids got their shovels and played with rocks in the driveway. I visited with Connie while I watched them play. She held Jack and Jack really smiled as she talked to him. Then anytime she stopped talking to him and started talking to me instead, he'd start talking very loudly to get her attention. He really liked when she talked to him. I had Abby out with me and she started running up to Nova, barking and acting like she wanted to play. She would get a couple feet away from Nova. Then Nova would bark back and she'd run away. Then she'd come back, barking to play again, inching her way closer each time. Then they had a barking contest. Abby sure tries to sound big. She then started chasing Nova's tail as she was wagging it. Nova didn't like that and ran away from her. She chased her around the yard. I picked up the tennis ball and threw it for Nova. Abby ran and got it instead. She actually picked it up and carried it. It was so funny cause it's so big for her little mouth. After taking a walk, we came back inside for dinner. Bruce took Hailey with him to the store while I started getting the boys ready for bed. I gave them their bath together. I gave them some measuring cups and spoons to play with in the tub. Max was laughing hard while dumping water from a bigger cup into a smaller cup. As it overflowed, he laughed and said "Dat's too much." He thought it was so funny that it was spilling over. This evening he started using the word terrible. As the water was draining, he said "I can't go down dare. I too big. I would have to be all crunched up to go down dare. Dat would be tare-ba-bo." Then he told me a story about a skunk coming in the house and said "Wouldn't dat be tare-ba-bo?" As I was turning around, I swung my arm and accidently bumped him in the face. I then kissed him and said "I'm sorry honey." He then laughed and said "I not honey. I just a people. Bumble bees give us honey for us to eat. Silly mommy." He used the word terrible a few more times as I tucked him in bed tonight. Jack was still awake when daddy and Hailey got home. Hailey wanted to give him a hug and kiss goodnight so I brought him into her room while we read books. He cuddled in bed with her for a few minutes but then wanted down. While we were reading, he crawled over to the corner by her dresser where she keeps her buckets for doll house furniture and doll clothes. He squeezed through the little space between the dresser and the night stand to get back there. Then he pulled himself up to stand and started pounding on the buckets. He also found her CD player and started pushing buttons. Hailey sure was laughing hard at him. She thought it was so funny that he got back there. After we got done reading, she wanted to show him her singing bear. She got it off her night stand and started playing the music for him. He quickly crawled over to her bed so he could see it and pulled himself up to stand again. He even surprised me and let go, not hanging onto anything. He stood for a few seconds before hanging back on again.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

I loved eating the "dirt" that Mrs. Fisher would make.

Melissa said...

Me too. That was sooo good.

mom s said...

I love how Hailey made the distinction of des sert....not dirt. Too funny.