Friday, March 7, 2008






Jacob playing video games with
another little boy.






While we were eating lunch today, my mom and Kimmy called and asked me to meet them at McDonald's so the kids could play together. I quick got the kids cleaned up and ready. When we got there Max saw Nana at the counter ordering and ran right up to her and said "Hold me." She carried him out to the play area. The kids were all very excited to see each other. They all took off to go play right away. Some friends of ours from youth group were there with their kids. We haven't seen them in a few years and now we all have kids of our own. Hailey loved playing with the girls and they were pretty close in age. She was going down the slide with them and running around at the top of the playland together. She would even stay and play with the girls while Max came down to get a drink and sit on my lap for awhile. My dad also stopped in on his lunch break to say hi. He met the kids at the bottom of the slide acting like he was going to get them and had them all laughing. Jacob still won't have anything to do with going down the slide, but will climb up a little ways from the bottom. He's been scared of tube slides too. We were hoping he would go down after seeing Max and Hailey going down it, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it, even when I offered to go down with him. That's exactly how Hailey was though until yesterday. He did go up further than he would before though. He seemed like he really wanted to follow them and would start to but then change his mind. We took Hailey to dance class this evening. I met mom at Kenzie's volleyball game and picked her up to go with us. Max had fun again with his little friend, A.J. They played together the whole time. They were sitting under the table pretending it was a tunnel and Max picked up something off the floor and ate it. I couldn't tell what it was cause by the time I finally got his mouth open, he had already swallowed it. He bit down so hard that I couldn't pry his mouth open and when I told him that it was yucky and to spit it out, he said "No, it not yucky. It a candy, Mommy." He finally opened his mouth though when we asked him to show us what color it was, but by that time it was too late. I think it was probably a piece of salt from the parking lot cause last week he was bringing me pieces of salt from off of the rug. He would bring it to me saying "What dat, Mommy? I wanna eat it." Then I would tell him it was yucky and he would throw it back down. But today there was another boy sitting under the table with them and he had a sucker. So maybe Max thought it was candy because he saw the sucker. I just can't imagine that he would swallow a piece of that salt and not spit it out after tasting it. Who knows what it was. We just know that it wasn't candy. Another lady saw him eat it too and it definately wasn't candy, that's all we know. When we got home, Max got Hailey's shirt and tried to put it on. He got it on all by himself except he couldn't get his one arm through. After he got it on, he smiled really big and said "Look at me, Mommy." Then he put his hands in his pockets. He was so proud of himself for getting it on by himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing the kids to play. I loved watching all three of them playing. I love the pictures of Max with Hailey's shirt on.

Anonymous said...

Max is so happy in the picture with Hailey's shirt on. I love the smile on his face. So nice that he wants to dress himself now.
I'm glad you all came to McDonald's too. It was a fun afternoon. Love ya!