Monday, March 10, 2008

Hailey showing me the planets that she made with the playdough.








This morning, they came over to measure the rooms for the new carpet. They will be coming to install it on Friday. Hailey followed the guy and daddy into the rooms and watched him as he measured. Then she went and got out her little measuring tape that she got from the builder show and started measuring the doorways and things around the house. He thought it was cute how she was copying him. After he left, Hailey wanted to play with the playdough, so I got it out for her and sat Max at the table with some too. This was the first time he's really played with playdough and he loved it. He liked making snakes and fish. I would roll it out for him and he would add the fins and eyes. He kept laying his head down by the snake and giving it hugs and kisses. Hailey likes using the rolling pin and then cutting it all up into little pieces with the plastic knife. Then she made a bunch of balls a lined them up. When I asked her what she was making, she told me she was making planets. Then she counted them all and said "See, there is nine." In one of their books called "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", it mentions that there are nine planets but I never thought she really payed attention to that part. Tonight as I was getting Max ready for bed, he was drinking his milk and his cup started whistling. He brought it to me and said "Dere a birdie in mine milk." Then he took another drink to show me and said it again adding "See Mommy?" He also told daddy on the phone when he called from work to say goodnight. And he took a drink to show daddy too. He was convinced there was a bird in his cup.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty smart - Hailey making nine planets. Its amazing what kids pick up on. Jacob calls this old fashion blue matchbox car - Grandpa car. I never knew where he got that from until yesterday when we were watching the Cars movie. Lightning McQueen is talking under his breath once in the movie and calls the Hudson Hornet "crazy Grandpa car". Jared and I never picked up on it until yesterday. I cracked up when I read what Max said about the birdie in his cup - so funny!

Anonymous said...

That will be nice to get new carpet. I still love our new carpet. When are you guy putting your house up for sale?

Melissa said...

I never picked up on that in the Cars movie either. That's funny how much Jacob pays attention to every detail in that movie. He sure does love it. I can't believe he was only Max's age when he first watced it and knew Lightning McQueen's name already. We still need to get the utility room done before putting our house up for sale. And we also have to get alot of clutter out of the house. It's just taking longer than we had planned. The kitchen isn't even completely finished yet. It's alot of work getting a house ready to sell with two kids and another on the way. We are always so busy. Hopefully we'll have it ready sometime in the spring.

The Daddy said...

Melissa you need to get an updated book...there are only 8 plants Pluto not a planet anymore :-(

Anonymous said...

How can they call something a planet for years and then change it. Pluto's my favorite plante:)

Melissa said...

Yes, I did know there are only 8 planets. I do agree with Kimmy though. Why change it after all these years? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girls re Pluto...
Who do they think they are making that change after all these years.
I enjoyed reading about the bird in the cup too. So cute. Pretty smart of Hailey to make the planets. She has such a good memory. Give the kiddos hugs and kisses from Nana and tell them Nana loves them....xoxoxox