Monday, March 17, 2008

Max likes to line up the blocks like this when he's playing with them now. He says he's making a train.


















This morning while I was helping Hailey play one of her games on the computer, Max went to play with his tractors in his bedroom. He was playing very good in there all by himself, just quietly playing with his tractors. Since he was so quiet, I kept going in and checking on him, but everytime I checked on him he was just sitting on the floor with all his tractors around him. I stood in the doorway watching him for a few minutes. I love to watch and listen to him play and pretend. He is starting to really use his imagination now. While the kids were both busy, I decided to go do a load of laundry and then fold the clothes that were in the dryer. When I was done with that and went to check on Max again, he held up a very messy tractor saying "Tractor all dirty. It drivin in da mud." He had pooped in his underwear and had it spread all over the floor driving his tractors through it. For a kid who doesn't usually like to get his hands dirty, he sure was having fun with this mess. I couldn't believe it. It was such a mess. He has been doing so good pooping on the potty too. He has only pooped in his underwear once and that was in the first couple of days that he started wearing them. And even then he only went a little bit and then asked to finish on the potty. He hasn't been so good at peeing on the potty all of the time, but I thought he had this poop thing all figured out. He even asks to go poop on the potty when he's wearing a diaper usually. So I was quite suprised when I found him like this. I got him all cleaned up and his tractors soaking in some water and then started cleaning up the mess on the carpet. I heard Hailey laughing really hard in our bedroom, but didn't think too much of it. I was just happy they were staying out of the way while I was cleaning up the big mess. I figured they were just playing hide and seek in our closet like they do often. But when I finished cleaning the floor and went into the bedroom to see what Hailey thought was so funny, I found Max pulling everything off the shelves in the closet. He had pulled everything off three of the shelves and unfolded all the sheets. So I had another mess to clean up. I was very happy when Bruce got home from work. We got the kids ready and went to the outlet mall. They had some really good sales. We found a Columbia coat on clearance and got it for Hailey. When she was trying it on, she looked at the tag and said "Daddy, this is made in China." We thought it was funny but she was so serious. Bruce is always complaining that everything is now made in China. We went to Culver's for lunch. There was a bunch of tractors out the window. Max loved seeing them all. When he saw the combine, he got all excited and said "Oh look it mommy, dare a combine tractor." He loves combines ever since he got the set of John Deere tractors from Grandma Debbie for Christmas. There is a combine in the set that he loves to play with. We got home pretty late. Hailey fell asleep in the van on the way home but Max didn't. He just talked and sang the whole way home. Bruce carried Hailey in and put her in bed and she stayed asleep. And I put Max to bed right away and he layed right down, happy to be in his bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me tired just hearing of your day. It reminds me of the time dad was watching you kids and Kimmy and Vikki poo pooed and spread it all over. I was at a shower and dad had someone coming for taxes so he had to get it cleaned up for the guy got there. God watched out for me that time and spared me from a big mess like yours. Poor dad though. We have had many good laughs over it though the years. Love ya!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah, now I know sort of how dad felt when he walked into the room. I'm just thankful I didn't have two poopy kids to clean up after. :)

The Daddy said...

oh man at least you didn't have to clean up dog puke on top of the poop like kimmy did that one day! Talk about some stinky MUD too

Anonymous said...

That picture of Hailey smiling is beautiful. She sure is happy about something. Hugs and kisses to Hailey and Max. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Hailey. She has the best hair in the whole family.