Wednesday, March 26, 2008


































This morning, Bruce started working on tearing the walls out of the utility room. He got a couple of the walls torn out. Hailey asked to watch her Blues Clues movie. I put it in and Max climbed up on the couch saying "I wanna watch Cue Cues too." Max saw his new Cars shirt that Grandma Debbie got him in the laundry basket and said "Oh, a wace car chirt! I wanna wear dis! Ok, Mommy?" So I put it on him and told him that it was Mater and Lightning McQueen. Later he came up to me and said "Dat Mater. Dat wacecar." When I asked him to say Lightning McQueen, he got really close to my face and said in a quiet voice "Dat not Light NcKeen. Dat just a wacecar. Ok?" It was so funny how he said it. We got to watch Adam this afternoon while Kimmy went to her dentist appointment. She took Jacob with her so he could watch. Hailey was super excited to get to watch Adam. She ran to the couch and asked to hold him right away. I put him on her lap, but he didn't want to stay too long. So I moved him down to the floor to play and Max and Hailey were both very excited to get out the bucket of baby toys. They both sat down by him on the floor and handed him tons of toys. It wasn't long before all of them were piled in front of him or on his lap. Hailey would hand him one and then Max would hand him one. And he wouldn't even get a chance to start playing it before they would hand him another. I let Max stay up a half an hour past his naptime since he was having so much fun playing with Adam. He kept giving him kisses and rubbing his head. And everytime he talked to him, he would use a really soft voice. It was so sweet. After putting Max down for his nap, Hailey and I sat on the floor and played with Adam. He started crawling around and exploring the room. Although at first I had to keep reminding Hailey that he didn't want to be held all the time. She kept wanting to hold him. I told her to go through the playhouse door and see if he would follow her. He was reluctant at first, but after playing with some of the buttons on it, he finally went through the door. Then he decided he really liked that and went back and forth a bunch of times. He really liked opening and shutting the door. He thought it was funny when Hailey and I peeked through the window at him. Everytime we opened the window to peek through, he would smile really big or laugh. He started dancing when Hailey pushed some of the buttons that played music. Then he found the Touch and Feel books and started looking at them. I read all of them to him and he loved feeling all the different textures. Hailey grabbed my camera that I had sitting right next to me on the floor and asked if she could take a picture of us. To get Adam to look at the camera, she grabbed a toy and held it up for him. And she was talking so cute trying to get his attention. Then Adam started really crawling around and started exploring more of the house. He crawled down the hallway to our bedroom and then to the dining room and kitchen. Kimmy got back shortly after he found the fridge farm. He's got that toy at home so he quickly went for that as soon as he saw it. Jacob was excited to come in and play. He really wanted to see Max, but he was still sleeping. It used to just be Hailey and Jacob playing together, but lately he really likes playing with Max too. He asked for Max's John Deere tractors right away. He remembered playing with them last time he was here and loved them. He was so happy when I got them out for him. He set them all up and layed on the floor to play with them. When Kimmy was leaving, I stepped outside with her and it was so nice and sunny outside. I wasn't even cold without my coat on. It felt like spring. Hailey and I waited for Max to wake up from his nap and then we went outside to play. By then it was a little cooler and we needed our coats but it was still nice and sunny. I pushed them on the swings for a while. Then I got out the bag of tractors and cars. Their hands started getting cold and Max couldn't play well with the tractors with his gloves on. So I got out the bucket of rice from the garage and brought it in the house for the kids to play with. Max really liked playing with the tractor and dump truck in the rice, and Hailey liked using all the different scoops and bowls pretending to cook. They played with it for over an hour, and it kept them busy while I got dinner ready. After dinner, they both helped me sweep the kitchen floor. Max really liked helping me dump the dustpan into the garbage. He would say "Dump garbage truck" as we were dumping it in. Then we got out the puzzles and played with them until bedtime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading what Max said about the Cars shirt. Thank you for watching Adam while I went to my appointment. Yesterday Jacob said he wanted to go see and play with Max. See ya later.