Thursday, March 20, 2008
































Both kids woke up at 7:30 this morning when they heard the recycle truck come. Hailey came running and climbed up in bed with me asking to look out the window to see the "garbage" truck. I opened the shade but it was already past our house. I heard Max talking in his crib so I went in to get him and right away he asked to see the "garbage" truck too. We sat on the couch and watched Clifford. Then after breakfast we played doctor. I layed on the couch and pretended to be the patient while Hailey and Max pretended to be the doctors. A little while later, I heard the garbage truck coming down our road so I opened the shade in our bedroom and we all sat on the bed and waited for it to come. Bruce had put out all the carpet so there was alot of garbage for him to take this time. Max really liked watching it dump it. They usually don't get to see that because they always wait until it is full before dumping it, but since we had so much garbage this time, he dumped it right in front of our house. They both really enjoyed watching it dump it all in the back of the truck. The kids were extra cuddly and lovey with each other today. I was so cute to watch them. Hailey kept acting like a little mommy to Max, and he would just go up and give her a hug or cuddle with her on the couch. Hailey also had him laughing alot. I love watching them when they play like that. They both get laughing so hard. Hailey played with her dollhouse while Max took his nap. She was still playing with it when he woke up. Then Max and I started playing hide and seek, and she decided to join in after a while when she heard Max laughing so hard. We were planning on going to the store to do some grocery shopping when Bruce got home from work, but my ankle is still really sore today and I didn't think I should walk that much on it. So when Bruce got home from work, he decided to just take one of the kids with him and go do the shopping himself. Hailey chose to stay home and have special alone time with mommy, and Max was very happy to get to go with daddy. Hailey and I played the "Pretty Pretty Princess" game. She won the first game and I won the second. Then she got out her jewlry box and we put on some necklaces and rings. Daddy brought subs home for dinner. As soon as Max got through the door, he said he had to go pee pee on the potty. I forgot to put a pullup on him before they left so he had worn his underwear to the stores. They were gone for a couple hours and he came back dry. We headed for the bathroom, but he peed in his pants on the way. He took them off right away and went on his way to the bathroom saying he had to go poo poo. He made it to the bathroom doorway and then pooped on the floor. At least he tried making it to the potty. Bruce is so luckey he waited till he got home. It was sure close. And he forgot to bring the diaper bag with him too so that would have been a mess. I would have had a good laugh though if that would have happened since he laughed when I told him about the big mess I had to clean up the other day. After eating dinner, we painted Easter eggs. Max and Hailey loved it and they did such a good job painting them. They both liked when I painted their names and made a couple special ones just for them. Their hands were very messy from the dyes so I got them in the bath right away when they were done. they had fun splashing and playing in the tub together. It was an hour past Max's bedtime by the time they got out of the tub. Max was so tired, he was begging to go night night. So I got Max's pajamas on and sat him in the rocking chair while I helped Hailey get her robe on. Then Max asked for water and while I was getting it for him, Hailey got his toothbrush and helped him brush his teeth. She was so excited to tell me that she helped him with his teeth when I came into the room. She told Max to open his mouth and show me houw clean his teeth were. Then she gave him a big hug and kiss and said "I love my brother," It was so sweet. She stayed and rubbed his head while I rocked him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Max in his jeans.