Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hailey, Max, Champ, and I all stayed a couple of nights at my parents house while they installed the new carpet. We left thursday monning and stayed till Saturday. When we got there Nana gave Max a car that you shake to make it go and she gave Hailey an umbrella and a lunchbox. While Max was playing with his car, he peeked under the door to the basement and said "I wanna go tee Unce Jared. Uncle Jared down dare." He thought that Uncle Jared was down in the basement with Papa cause they go down there alot to play ping pong. When I put Max down for his nap, he climped out of the crib. I kept putting him back without giving him any eye contact or attention which was very hard. He was so quick to get out. Sometimes I wouldn't even get out the door yet and he would be right behind me. At first he thought it was a game and was laughing which made it even more fustrating. It took a while, but after he saw that I wasn't playing and I wasn't going to give in to him, he finally gave up and went to sleep. I was afraid he would climb out of the crib at bedtime and every nap while we were there, but he only did it that one time so that was good. We had a nice time while we were staying there. When we woke up Friday morning, there was some valentine treats and notes to the kids from Papa on the cupboard. Hailey saw them as soon as she came into the kitchen in the morning. She asked if they were for her and Max. I read her the note that Papa wrote her, and it made her so happy. When we were kids, my dad would suprise us once in a while with a treat and a note for each of us on the cupboard. We loved it too and it brought back memories of how excited we were when we came to the kitchen for breakfast in the morning and saw there was a treat on the cupboard for us. He always wrote such sweet notes to us too. Her and Max sat on the couch with there little stuffed animals and suckers. Max kept feeding his little bear bites of his sucker. He was taking care of it like it was a baby, rocking it and sitting it next to him on the couch. After lunch on Friday, Kimmy stopped over and the kids had lots of fun playing together. Jared came over too after he got out of work. Bruce came to pick up Max while I took Hailey to her dance class this evening, and Kimmy and Jared took Kenzie to her volleyball game. We decided to stay at my parents house another night cause they didn't get done with the carpet till around 8:30 so the furniture didn't get put back yet and Bruce said the house smelled pretty bad too. So he picked up a pizza on the way over to bring Max back and then he ended up deciding to stay the night too. When we woke up Saturday morning, we packed up and got ready to go home so Bruce could get the furniture moved back into the bedroom and living room. The kids loved running around in the big open space when we got home. The carpet looks really nice. When Max went into his room and saw all the furniture in there, he said "Oh no, my woom is bwoke! Daddy gotta pix it."

















Champ and Mocha just love each other. They layed this way on their own. I thought it was cute.

While Bruce and I were getting stuff put back into our bedroom, Hailey came and got us saying "You guys should come look at Champ. He actually looks pretty comfy." She took our hands and brought us out to the living room where she had put their two little chairs together to make a bed for Champ. She had him all wrapped up in a blanket and he was sound asleep. I must say, he did look pretty comfy laying there. What a spoiled dog!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad did leave such sweat notes - what a great memory. I still have some of his notes. I love what Max said about Uncle Jared and about his room being broke. Too cute.