Thursday, March 27, 2008













Hailey and Max waiting for
garbage man to come









Hailey asked to get her little folding table and chairs out this morning, so I got it out and let the kids eat their breakfast on it. Bruce was making alot of noise working in the utility room, so we played with Mr. & Mrs. Potato head in our bedroom. Hailey hates the loud power tools and always runs to our bedroom and shuts the door when she hears them. Bruce got the other couple walls torn out and some of the ceiling. He worked on it until lunchtime. After lunch, he played with the kids before he had to leave for work. Teh kids heard the garbage truck coming so they ran and got their chairs and sat in front of the door waiting for it to come by. Then I put Max down for his nap. Hailey played with her dollhouse and then with the rice. She was still playing with the rice when Max woke up. He saw her as I was carrying him out of his bedroom and wanted down right away to play with it too. I gave him some rice in his own little bucket and his tractors and bugs. He loved dumping the rice from the dump truck onto the bugs to burry them. He would say "Where did da bug go? It hiden. I gotta pind him." Then he would dig them out getting excited that he found them. Hailey also had fun hiding things in the rice. We took turns hiding different things on each other. They both wanted to help me sweep the floor again when they were done playing with the rice. They started arguing over who got to hold the dustpan first. I made four small piles so they each would get a couple turns dumping it, which made them both happy. While I got dinner ready, they played with the playfood and dishes at the little table. Hailey likes to pretend to be the waitress and ask what you want to eat. She names off a bunch of different foods that she has at her "restaurant" and then she gets a pad of paper to write down what you want. Her pad of paper always has a bunch of small lines and circles all in a row when she's done. She does the same thing lately when she draws me a picture. She'll write some small lines and circles somewhere on the paper. Then she will point to the lines and circles as she "reads" me what she wrote. She always says such sweet things. Sometimes, I write down what she said on the back of her picture so I know what it's supposed to say when I'm looking at it years from now. She is getting better at writing her name even though she still writes it all over the page, so the letters end up out of order much of the time. Lately she's been asking me to show her how to write our names and really pays attention when I'm writing them. Today she wrote an X on her paper and showed me saying "That's in Max's name."

No comments: