Sunday, March 16, 2008










We got ready and went to church this morning. Max started singing during one of the songs. He was singing "Holy Holy Holy" really loud. It was cute. Hailey did good in her new class today. Daddy stayed back with her again, but she played the games and stuff and even said her Bible verse to the new teacher. When I went to pick up Max from his class, he was playing on a bean bag chair with another little boy. They were rolling over on top of each other laughing. He didn't even want to leave when he saw me. The teacher had to go get him and bring him to me. There were palm branches all over the floor of the church, so the kids had fun picking them up and dancing with them. Hailey ran right up to one of her friends from her other class and said hi. They started dancing and playing together. When I was done talking and came over by them, Hailey introduced her friend to me and said "This is my friend Abigail, but she's not in my class no more." Then they went back to picking up more palm branches and dancing again. Max and Hailey each brought a bunch of palm branches home with them. On the way home, Hailey asked again why Abigail and Trinity can't be in her new class with her. But she was excited to tell me all about the games they played in her class today. When we got home, Hailey and Max ran around the living room with their palm branches while we got lunch ready. Even though our living room floor is now covered in palm branches, they sure kept the kids busy all day long. They are having so much fun dancing around with them. My mom called and asked us if we wanted to come over and have roast with the. We had just warmed up leftover sloppy joes, but I put them back in the fridge and quick got ready. My mom's roast is my favorite meal. It was always what we had for our birthday dinners. The kids were very happy to get to go to Nana and Papa's house. But when we sat down to eat, Max started crying and complaining that his belly hurt. He wouldn't eat anything and sat on my lap crying. After a few really big burps he started feeling better and later ate some musk melon and some cheese. We watched "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" and then headed home to get the kids to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so glad you could make it with last minute notice like that. We figured you had a lot going on with everything in the house so wanted to give you and Bruce a break. Didn't plan on staying at the Nelson's so long or we could have let you know sooner. Still was very much fun. Love you all. Cute pictures of the kids. I love the ones of Hailey on the ladder. She's getting so grown up now though. xoxoxox

Melissa said...

Thanks for having us over. We had a nice time. I love you.