Sunday, March 2, 2008

(I will add pictures as soon as I get them from my mom. She took some while we were at their house tonight.)

We didn't go to church this morning. I decided to stay home since Hailey got sick again yesterday evening. It was too early to tell if she was going to be sick or not today. We watched some home videos of Hailey when she was a baby and then some of Max when he was a baby. Then the kids sat at the table and colored. Max would color with a marker and then tell me what color he wanted next. He wrote on his hand a little bit and tried really hard to wipe it off on the paper. Then he said "Uh oh, mine hand all dirty, Mommy. Wash it off." It wouldn't come off all the way and it bugged him for a little while, but he soon forgot about it. Hailey helped me make some Mac and Cheese for lunch. She loves to pour the stuff in. While we were waiting for it to cook, I got out the dip and cut up some veggies for us to munch on. Max kept asking for more "trees" (broccli). He ate six pieces before the mac and cheese was done, and he was still asking for more. After lunch, Hailey took Max into our bedroom and hid in the closet and told me to come find them. I started looking for them and when Max heard me coming, he started giggling. I could hear Hailey telling him to be quiet. After looking in a few different spots, I found them and tickled them. They were laughing so hard. Then Hailey ran off to her bedroom to hide in another spot. She's getting to be a good little hider, and she knows to stay really quiet now. Bruce came home shortly after Max woke up from his nap. We ate dinner and then went to get icecream. Bruce and I wanted Culver's, but we were a little embarrassed to go in and sit down since Hailey just puked all over their floor yesterday. So we decided to just get the kids milkshakes from McDonald's so they could easily eat it in the car, and then we went to Culver's and Bruce just ran in and got ours to go. We also stopped at Walmart to buy Max some more underwear. Right away he saw the train ones just like the ones he already has and got all excited saying "I wanna choo choo trains." I gave him a couple other choices instead and he picked the cars saying "I wanna racecar." Then we headed over to my parent's house to visit. The kids had lots of fun playing. Max loved playing with the matchbox cars that Nana just got from Kimmy for the boys to play with while they are there. Hailey had fun playing with all the dolls and singing and dancing to some music. We didn't get home until 8:30 so Max was pretty tired and ready for bed. But when he saw me get out his new underwear, he got all excited taking off his pants right away and said "I wanna wear a racecars, Mommy." I let him put them on while he brushed his teeth and got ready for bed. He didn't want to get a diaper on tonight. I told him that I had to wash his racecars and so then he was ok with taking them off. After getting his pajamas on, he took his new underwear and put them all in the laundry. After taking each pair to the laundry, one at a time, he would say "Oh, I need to get another one racecar" and would run and pick up another pair. He didn't get to bed until after 9:00 and as soon as I handed him his blankie he started acting very tired and was so cuddly. Hailey was very tired too and fell asleep right away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I glad Max enjoyed the cars at Mom's house. I love the things he says!

Anonymous said...

We were so happy you all came over. Love seeing you. I will try to put my pictures on after Bible study, but if not will do it tomorrow.xoxoxox