Saturday, January 5, 2008



Vikki came and picked up Kenzie this morning. It was a nice sunny day so we all went outside to play in the snow for a while before lunch. We built a snowman and got out the cars for the kids to ride on. They had fun riding up and down our sidewalk. They also had fun jumping in mud puddles and riding their cars through the water. Bruce and I got in a snowball fight. The kids thought it was funny, and then they started getting daddy with snowballs too. I put Max down for a nap after Bruce left for work. He didn't wake up until 6:00. I wasn't paying attention to the time cause I usually don't let him sleep that long. He slept over three hours. And he woke up very grumpy. I held him on the couch for a while, and he just kept crying. Then I got dinner ready and he cried in the highchair for a few minutes and then finally stopped to eat. He was much happier once he ate his dinner. I decided to let Max stay up later since he slept so late for his nap. At about 8:15, Haiely looked at the clock and said "Oh, Max it's your bedtime. Come on, let's go read books." Then she ran and got a book to read to him. He ran and got a book too, and they both sat in the corner of the living room reading their books. Hailey did the same thing last night looking at the clock at about 8:00 and said that it was Max's bedtime. The first night I didn't think much of it figuring that it just happened to be his bedtime when she looked at the clock I was suprised when she did it two nights in a row though. She was looking at the clock on the wall too, not the ones on the microwave or the VCR. I didn't put Max to bed till 9:00. Hailey was talking alot and full of questions tonight while I was getting her ready for bed. She was still talking alot after the lights were out, so I told her I needed her to be quiet now and go to sleep. She asked me if she could ask me one more question. I let her and after she asked it, she said "I just had one more question. Tonight I'm going to think of more questions for the morning cause that's how I learn things."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the things Hailey says.

Anonymous said...

Hailey sure comes up with some good ones. We could write a book on her sayings. How's Max's teeth doing since his fall now. Tell him Nana is thinking of him and praying for him. Love to all and thanks for putting the cute pictures on.

Melissa said...

They aren't as loose as they were last night, but still a little crooked. He's been complaining about his teeth hurting all day and asking for a cold washcloth to put on it. I have been giving him Tylenol to help with the pain so he'll eat. A couple times today, he picked up the phone and said "I wanna call Nana." It was so cute.