Saturday, January 19, 2008






Max is still sick with a fever. He's been very grumpy all day. He cries every few minutes, even over things he normally can do. He'll try to put his train together, but give up very quickly and start crying or he'll cry if he's riding his car and there is something in the way. Hailey went and got a book saying "Max come here, I got a book to read. Want me to read to you?" She sat on the couch with the books and Max crawled up by her and she read to him. He really liked the book she picked cause it had lots of bugs in it. While she was reading to him, he kept leaning over and giving her kisses. It was so sweet. Then Hailey played with her dolls for a couple hours. She had brought every doll, all her blankets, bottles, and stuff out to the living room. Then she spread all her little blankets out on the floor and made a bed for each of her babies. Between her stuff and the stuff Max got out to play with, the living room floor was covered with toys. It was such a mess. Usually I have the kids help pick up a little before Max goes down for his nap, but I wasn't feeling to well. After getting Max down for his nap, I layed on the couch to rest for a few minutes. Then Hailey started cleaning it all up without me even asking her too. She kept saying "I'm obeying God. I'm doing what the Bible says." In her Sunday school class this week they talked about being good helpers. She cleaned up every single toy and put them all back where they go. She even folded all her doll blankets and put them in a neat pile. I got up and gave her a great big hug and told her how happy she made me. I could see her reflection in the glass on our entertainment center, and she had such a big smile on her face when I was hugging her. She was so proud of herself. When daddy came home, she ran and took his hand to show him the living room. She told him too that she was doing what the Bible says. Bruce took the kids outside to play for a little bit. It was very cold out today, so they only stayed out for about 15 minutes. Their cheeks were so red when they came in. My mom and dad are going to take Hailey to church tomarrow since Max is still running a fever. I don't want to take a chance on getting any other kids sick, but I didn't want Hailey to miss and get behind on her Bible verses again. My mom and dad came and picked her up on their way to go get icecream. When she saw their truck pull in the driveway, she screamed and said "Oh, I get to ride in Papa's truck." She was so excited. We had to run to the store to get more diapers so we left after we ate dinner. Max was happy walking by the cart with us the whole time. When we got home, we sat on the couch singing some songs with Max. He sang Twinkle Twinke Little Star, Row Row Row Your Boat, Old McDonald Had a Farm, and My Heart Says I Love You with us. He is really starting to sing more lately. After we got him to bed, Bruce and I watched a movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hailey - I'm so proud of how you help your Mommy and cleaned up the room for her. You are such a sweaty. I love you very much.

Anonymous said...

That's the first thing Hailey told us too, Melissa. She said I obeyed God today, I cleaned up the room for mommy. She was so excited. How wonderful to see her want to obey God already at her young age. She was a very good girl at Nana and Papa's. When Max is better, he will have to come stay at Nana's and Papa's.

Melissa said...

Max will be so happy to get to spend the night at your house. As you and dad pulled out of the driveway in the truck, he kept saying "I go Nana's house too. I ride Papa's truck." I felt so bad for him cause he really wanted to go too. He kept saying it even after he got in the house. Last time Hailey spent the night, he kept asking to go to your house too. He'll be so happy when it's his turn to spend the night.