Thursday, January 17, 2008








Hailey woke up really early this morning while Bruce was getting ready for work. She came in and layed in bed with me, but talked the whole time. Max also woke up early right after Bruce left, so I brought him in the bed to cuddle too. They cuddled for about 10 minutes, and then they both wanted to get up. We went out and sat on the couch. Hailey asked if she could watch the video of me as a baby again, so I put that in and we all sat and watched it. Max came up to me pretending to hand me something and said "Here mommy". He tried telling me what it was, but I couldn't understand him. Usually he pretends to hand me food, so I just assumed it was food and pretended to eat it. He looked at me funny and said "Don't eat it, mommy. Dat awky." Who knows what I pretended to eat, but he sure gave me a funny look. Since Hailey was up so early, I had her take a nap when Max took his. I got some laundry done while they were both napping. Then I ended up falling asleep too, but only for about a half an hour before Max woke up. We woke Hailey up so she could still go to bed ontime tonight. Max went in with me to wake her up and gently started petting her head saying "Wake up, Hayee". When daddy came home from work, he played with the kids for a while. Then we got dinner ready. We decided to try another recipe out of the cookbook and made chili with carrots in it. Hailey helped me peel the carrots and make the purees. It turned out really good, no complaints from the kids so they liked it too. Hailey even said "This is good chili." We made pudding with graham crackers and bananas for desert. Hailey cut up all the bananas and Max helped daddy crumble the graham crackers. They love to help us in the kitchen. They always run and get their stools. Hailey gets it first and Max follows behind with his saying "I wanna help too." Max started getting really grumpy after dinner crying over every little thing. We thought maybe he felt a little warm, so I took his temperature and it was 102.3. I gave him some tylenol and held him on the couch until his bedtime. Hailey asked daddy if he wanted to see mommy when she was a baby, so we all watched the video again for a little bit before Hailey's bedtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures again. What helpers in the kitchen. Pretty soon they will be preparing the meals while you and Bruce relax. I'll have to get one of those magic bullets. Sounds like a great way to get your veggies and have great tasting food.

Melissa said...

Yes, I love it. And the cookbook too. So far, Bruce and I don't notice the taste of the veggies in the recipes either. I think it's great. Hey, maybe you can sneak in a few extra veggies in dad too, maybe even some cheese. Just don't let him read this comment. Just kidding about the cheese part. :)