Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!









































"Hurray! We get to decorate the cookies now!"
































Our neighbor started snowplowing our driveway and our sidewalk, so Bruce quick got ready and went out to help shovel. Hailey was watching some TV and didn't wanted to finish her show, but I got Max's snowsuit on and sent him outside with daddy. He was very happy to get to use his new shovel. He copied everything daddy was doing and would get some snow on his shovel and then take it over and dump it into the big pile of snow. They went over to the neighbors and did some shoveling over there and Max had fun with their dog, Nova. Then they came back and shoveled the back patio. Hailey joined them outside after her show was over. She liked using the shovel too. I guess we should've gotten two shovels for them instead of just one. They both don't want to put it down. We have to make them take turns using it. After daddy was done shoveling, he pulled them around in the sled. I had hot chocolate ready for them when they came in. After lunch, I put Max down for his nap, and Hailey and Daddy started making the cookie dough for the Chistmas cookies. We are finally getting to decorate cookies this year. Since we were working on the kitchen and then got so busy with parties, we are a little late this year. After they got the dough made, Hailey and I got out the cookie cutters. She loved using the rolling pin and playing with the flour. After we got done cutting out the cookies, we gave Hailey the last little bit of dough left to play with. She had so much fun playing with it. When Max woke up, he got to help Daddy make the frosting. Both kids sat on the cupboard and watched as Daddy added the food coloring to make different colors. They thought that was so neat, and when I got out the sprinkles, they both started cheering saying "Hurray!". They were so excited to get to decorate the cookies. We made two batches of cookies so there was alot to decorate. Hailey and Max put tons of sprinkles on theirs and I think they ate even more. We let them eat the first cookie they decorated. When we gave Max another cookie to decorate, right away he licked off all the frosting. Everytime Hailey would decorate a cookie, she would tell us who it was for. I think she made a cookie for just about everybody she knows, even the dogs. At first she didn't want to use the cinnamon dots on any of the cookies she was making. When I put some on her plate, she said she didn't want them cause she doesn't like them. But then she noticed that they are my favorite, so she asked for some on her plate and said she was making me a cookie. She put a whole bunch on my cookie. It was funny cause she had the whole cookie covered in them. I thought it was so sweet of her. Hailey and Max both decorated with us until all the cookies were finished.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy those grandkids of mine sure work hard. If they aren't painting, they are baking, or shoveling, etc. Nice pictures.
I love the way Max eats his cookies. They sure are cute.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Hailey helping you in the kitchen and then one of the kids on the counter.

Anonymous said...

Better late than never for Christmas cookies. The kids look so excited.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of them on the cupboard with their arms up in the air cheering too. I'm glad I had my camera ready for that one. They were very excited. Melissa