Sunday, January 20, 2008



Max woke up at 7:30 but fell back asleep until about 8:30. He was doing a little bit better today but still cried alot on and off throughout the day. He still wanted me to hold him alot but would sit and play happily for short periods here and there. I spent much of the day playing and cuddling with him since it was just him and I until Bruce picked her up this afternoon. We played with cars and sang songs on the couch. He kept asking me to sing the ABC's and Row Row Row Your Boat. He liked it when we made a boat and would rock back and forth. He thought it was so funny and got laughing really hard when I made the boat tip over at the end of the song. While he was pushing his police car around, he said "Dat a police car, Mommy. It Papa Dan." When I got on the computer to check my comments, he asked to see the tractor. So I put the toddler farm game in for him and we played that for awhile. He watches Hailey play it sometimes, and he loves the tractor on it. He did really good pushing the keys to get it to do the different activities. He can't quite control the mouse yet, so he just uses the keys right now. He learned pretty quickly that he has to push a key to get it to do something. He really liked the animals singing the Old McDonald song. After that, I put him down for a nap and got some cleaning done around the house. After a 2 hour nap, he woke up crying really hard. He didn't stop when I went in and picked him up so I sat on the couch and held him. He cried for about 10 minutes and then fell back asleep in my arms. I couldn't believe it when I looked down at him and he was sleeping again after he just had a nap. I then fell asleep too and we both slept for about 20 minutes. Bruce picked up Hailey on his way home from work. Max was so happy to see her when she got home. Hailey was very excited to tell me that she got to make soap in her Sunday school class today. She told me exactly how she made it. Then she ran and got it out of her bag to show me and wanted to wash her hands with it right away. She also was excited to tell me that she got to sit on the steps up front at chruch during the baptism. Pastor let all the kids sit on the steps so they could see better. She couldn't believe there was a pool in our church. She said "It's not a little pool. It's a big pool." She also told me about riding in Papa's truck and daddy's car. She said she liked being up high in Papa's truck, and she said that daddy's car is loud. Hailey and Max both got really grumpy this evening after dinner. We were talking about putting them to bed early tonight, and Hailey said "But if you get out the princess game I won't be grumpy." We decided to play a couple games with them before bed. I played Pretty Pretty Princess with Hailey, and Bruce played the fishing game with Max. Max is getting so good at catching the fish. Before Hailey and I even got our game set up, he had already caught about 5 fish by himself. I love watching him as he tries to catch them cause he gets so serious about it. Hailey and I had fun playing our princess game too. She really likes it when she wins the clip on earings and gets to put them on. We still got both kids in bed by 8:00 which is a little bit early for Hailey. She was really tired and fell asleep right away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Jacob would love that fishing game.

Melissa said...

Jacob would really like that fishing game. I bet they would have fun playing it together sometime. I should bring it to mom's next time we are all there at the same time.