Wednesday, January 23, 2008










Hailey and I both woke up with a fever yesterday. I didn't sleep much the night before and felt terrible in the morning when I got up. Hailey was still acting her normal self though happily playing all day. I felt a little better today but I still feel like I am coming down with a cold. Max is still coughing and has a really runny nose. He can't stand his nose running and starts whining asking for a klenex every few minutes. Hailey was pretending to take her babies to the fair so she wanted to make some bracelets out of paper. I got out the paper and helped her cut out strips of paper. Then she wrote some numbers and letters on them. I cut some strips of paper for Max to make some too. He was really interested in watching me cut them and was very serious while he colored on his too trying to copy his big sister. He would look up every once and a while to see what she was doing and then continue making his. Then we taped them so they could wear them on their arms. Hailey said "They are just like we wear at the fair." She was so happy with them. Max really liked his bracelets that he made too and he kept taking them on and off his arm. He went around the house wearing his bracelets for quite a while before they broke. After that I had to keep taping his every time they broke as he would bring it to me saying "Uh Oh, pix it, Mommy." Then I started folding the laundry and when he saw the laundry basket, he said "A boat" and came running to climb in it. Then he forgot all about his braclets and had fun playing in the laundry basket for a while. This evening, we went to Menards and the kids played in the play area. Hailey ran and got the two cars and parked one by each playhouse saying "Max, let's play friends and neighbors. This will be your house and your car, and that will be mine." They played in the playhouses taking turns visiting each other. They would drive their cars over to the other house and then knock on the door. Then they would say "Come on in" and sit in the house and talk. I loved listening to them pretending and talking to each other. Sometimes Hailey would tell Max what to say and he would say it just like she told him too. On the way home, we stopped to get donuts and a mocha. We went inside and Hailey said "Papa took me here the other day after church." She showed us where they sat and wanted to sit at the same table. She laughed and said "I'm sitting in Papa's spot" when she sat down in a chair by the window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only the kids can get Bruce to smile for a camera. What happen to him always sticking out his tongue and holding up his hand. Cute pictures.

Melissa said...

He still does that somtimes. . But he knows I won't put the camera down until I get a good picture. So I usually get one bad picture and the rest turn out good. I also try not to tell him that I'm taking the picture cause then I can get him smiling while he's playing with the kids. I just sneak up with the camera behind my back and then quick take the picture.