Friday, October 19, 2007

Well, last night I was up with the kids all night. Max woke up a couple hours after I put him to bed. He was crying and coughing really bad. His cough sounded like a seal barking, and he was wheezing and having a hard time breathing. I figured it was croup because there has been a few kids from his nursery at church that had come down with it this last week. I took him in the bathroom and turned on the shower, and that seemed to help alot. He calmed down and then fell back asleep. He kept waking up about every half hour all night. He had about three more bad attacks like that durning the night. Hailey also woke up alot last night from coughing. Her cough didn't sound so horrible like Max's did though. She would just wake up coughing and saying "My nose don't work". Then I would give her some Vicks and she would go right back to sleep. We called the doctor right away in the morning for Max. They wanted to see him, so we got an appointment set up for after lunch. After checking him, they said he definately has croup. They told me to just keep doing what I was doing with the shower and watching him close. I put Max down for another nap this afternoon since he only took a very short nap earlier, and Hailey fell asleep on the floor again. She had a big pile of blankets, her stuffed animals, some dolls, and her pillow, and she looked quite comfortable. I didn't even tell her she had to take a nap, she just made herself a bed in the middle of the floor and fell asleep. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch for a little while until Max woke up crying and coughing terrible again. To keep Max from waking Hailey up, I got out the coffee can with babyfood lids for him to play with. (We cut a hole in the top of a coffee can and then saved about twenty lids, and the kids love to put the "money" in the "bank".) I also saved a wetwipe box and some juice lids which slide perfectly through the opening on top. Max really likes that one too because he can open and close the wetwipe box by pushing the button. He knows that the white lids go in the wetwipe box and the shiney ones go in the coffee can. They sure make great toys. It always keeps them entertained for quite a while since it's something they don't play with everyday. Hailey woke up crying, so I put a video in for her to watch which made her happy for a while. Hailey and Max were both really grumpy all day today, even after their naps. There was alot of crying and whining here today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sick kids...what a bummer. Hope this passes soon for you.