Sunday, October 28, 2007

Since Max is still coughing a little bit, I didn't want to put him in the nursery at church and risk getting the other kids sick. I didn't really want Hailey to miss another week of Sunday school and get behind on her Bible verses though. So I just got her ready this morning and dropped her off at church with nana and papa. My mom met me out in the parking lot, and Max cried when Hailey went into church with out him. He kept saying "I church" cause he wanted to go in too. He cried as we pulled out of the parking lot, but stopped as soon as we got out on the road. When we got home, he started crying again and saying "I church". He sure loves going to the nursery. My mom had to teach the kindergarden Sunday school class today, so papa took Hailey back to her class when it was time. He said she did really well and didn't even cry. I forgot to send the carseat with mom, so I had to go back and pick Hailey up after church. She was really excited to tell me that she stayed back by herself and didn't cry. She told me who the teacher and helpers were today, and said that Miss Jan is her favorite. I told her that Miss Jan was a helper in my class when I was a little girl and she was my favorite too. At least she is finally starting to warm up to the new teacher and helpers. Max wanted to hold the finger nail clippers while I was cutting his nails today, so he said "I wan it...can I...mommy?" He calls me mommy all the time now instead of mama. It's so cute how he says it. He always says mommy or daddy after just about everything he says. He sure is putting a lot of words together now. Max's new thing is to throw his sippy cup on the floor and start crying saying "I drop it". He's been doing this once in a while for a few weeks now, but today he was doing it all day long. I don't get it. He does it on purpose and then gets so upset. Toddlers are so hard to figure out sometimes. When Bruce got home from work, we went to Burger King for dinner. We stayed and let the kids play in the play land. They loved it because there was a really small tube slide for toddlers. Hailey is always too scared to go down the bigger tube slides, so it was nice that they had a small one. When we got home, my mom came over and brought us some yams and a strawberry rubarb pie (yum!). When Bruce was getting Max ready for bed tonight, he asked him what he did today (That's Hailey's favorite part of her bedtime routine. She calls it "What do today" and we've been doing it every night with her since she was 1 1/2 years old). Bruce asked him if he had fun playing at Burger King. Then Max said "hat" and put his hands on his head. He remembered putting the Burger King crowns on his head. He's starting to add little things like that when we talk to him about his day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had fun with Hailey at church. So glad she was such a big girl. Will be glad when all is back to normal and you are all coming again. I am glad I got to see the kids tonight. I have missed them.

Anonymous said...

Dear Hailey, Thank you for being such a good, big girl for us at church today. Great job saying your Bible verse. Nana and papa are proud of you and love you very much.

Anonymous said...

Dear Max, I am sure glad I got to see you and spend some time with you tonight. I have missed you very much. Hope you liked the sucker. I love you! Nana

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppoooooo99999900000000000000000000 hhaiiiiileeeeeeeeeeeeeey3
Hi Nana, I liked going to church with you. I had fun playing duck duck goose. Thankyou for the sucker. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I love how Hailey is looking at Mom in that first picture. Great job Hailey going in your Sunday school class!