Tuesday, October 16, 2007



Hailey was up all night last night. I had her sleep in bed with me so I could keep a closer eye on her all night. She would wake up about every fifteen minutes whining or crying cause her head hurt, asking for more water to drink, or wanting another cold washcloth on her forehead. Her fever was so high, 104.5 everytime the medicine wore off. I had to keep switching between the Tylenol and Motrin, giving it to her every couple of hours all night long. That's what the doctor told us to do when we took her to the emergency room a coulple times before when she had a fever that high. Even with both medicines, her fever wasn't coming down all the way. At about 3:00 in the morning, I called and talked to Bruce at work since I was already up and couln't sleep. Hailey came out and sat on the couch while I was talking to him. I got her a popsicle to eat to help cool her off a little. She asked if we could sleep out on the couch instead of the bed, so I brought some pillows and blankets out. She finally fell asleep and stayed asleep from 6:00 till 7:00. That 's about all the sleep I got all night. Max woke up at 7:30, so I brought him out to lay by me on the couch. He cuddled with me till 8:oo even though he was talking the whole time. Hailey fell asleep again, and Max got up and played with his cars in his room. She slept for about another hour and then woke up crying again. I started feeling sick this morning too. I didn't have a fever though, so I think it was just from staying up all night. Hailey was laying around most of the day again just like yesterday. She would only get up to play after taking her medicine once it started to kick in, but she would only be up for about fifteen minutes before she was laying down again. When Max took a nap, I layed with Hailey on the couch. Max and I slept for three hours, and Hailey slept for four hours. I thought a nap would help, but I still felt sick when I woke up. Hailey seemed a little bit better when she woke up though. She even asked to eat some macaronie and cheese. So that's what we had for dinner, and she ate almost a whole bowl. That's the first she's eaten in a couple days other than popsicles and a few bites here and there. She stayed up and played on the computer and then colored until bedtime. She had a really hard time falling asleep tonight probably because she took such a long nap today. She kept calling me every few minutes. When Bruce woke up to go to work a few minutes ago, I let her go lay in my bed. And I think she might be sleeping already. What a rough day. Now I'm ready to go to bed. Hopefully Hailey will sleep better tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did she sleep last night? Sure hope you get some rest today. Let us know if you need anything. Love ya. Hey - Vikki's gonna be 30 tomorrow! Can you believe it - she's getting so OLD:O) Oh thats right I guess she's not the only one with a birthday - Adam will be 5 months.

Anonymous said...

Sick kids are never easy and I think you have a sick one for sure. Don't push yourself. The basics are all that are necessary. Just the basics.

Melissa said...

Hailey slept better last night. she woke up about every 2 hours. That's alot better than every 15 minutes. She is doing much better today. She has been playing, and she's eating a little better. Her fever has come down too, just a low grade fever now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMY AND VIKKI!!! Kimmy, I'll be sending you a surprise on webkinz tomarrow. It's so awesome, but don't show Mykenzie yet cause I'll be sending her one on her birthday too. Love Ya, Melissa