Tuesday, October 2, 2007





Well, I wasn't feeling to well the last couple days so that's why I haven't been writing much on my blog. My headache got alot worse Sunday night and so did the swelling on my spine. I almost went to the emergency room that night cause I was getting a little worried about the swelling. We called the doctor on call and he recommended I go get it checked out at the hospital. But instead we decided to wait till Monday morning to call my neurologist who knows more of what's going on rather than the ER doctors who would just be guessing about what to do. My neurosurgeon was in surgery all day yesterday, so they made an appointment for me to see him today. My headaches were much better today, but the swelling is the same. I also started leaking alot of spinal fluid today and the bandage and my shirt gets soaked after just a short time. I can't believe how much fluid is leaking out. It's kind of freaky. Everything is still ok though. He just said to keep that tight wrap on for another week and to keep resting. He said that even though this isn't necessarily normal for it to leak like that, he expected that with me cause the tube had been in my spine for so long. He said that it will just take a while for that to close up good again. But he did say "It will get better". Wow, isn't that encouraging. It would be nice to know how long it might take. We can't get much of an answer since they haven't really done this before. I am really getting sick of laying around though. At least the headaches are starting to improve now. My mom has been coming over the last couple of days to help with the kids while Bruce is at work. We've been watching lots of home videos. Hailey loves to watch videos of when she was a baby. This afternoon, Bruce took the kids with him to go shopping, and then Hailey asked if they could go visit grandpa. So they stopped at his house before coming home. After dinner, Bruce took the kids out to play for a while. I decided to go out too. I sat in a chair and watched the kids play. It was nice to get some fresh air after being cooped up in the house for so long. The neighbor kids ended up coming over to play again. They all had fun playing on the swing set. They played till it started getting dark. When we came in from outside, Max ran up to Hailey and gave her a big hug. Then he kept going back to her for more and more hugs. It was so sweet. I took a bunch of pictures of them while they were hugging, and I thought they all turned out so cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you blogging again. I'm so glad you got out and got fresh air and were able to watch the kids play. Why didn't ya just bring the swingset, etc. in the house? Ha Ha Love Mom S

Anonymous said...

Great idea, mom. Why didn't I think of that. Oh well, the fresh air was nice. Not a bad idea for a rainy day though. Well, that is if I can get Bruce to move that big thing. Maybe we'll just have to settle for the sand box or the pool. Glad to be blogging again. Love Ya, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, glad your headaches are better. All that spinal fluid leaking out would have made me nervous too. Glad the doctor was encouraging. Can't wait to try out my new clippers on Champ. I'm glad you blogged. Love ya. Kimmy