Sunday, October 7, 2007

October 7,2007








I'm doing better again today. I still can't move around too much, but I can sit reclined now. It feels good to be able to recline instead of laying all day. I can even sit for a while in the wheelchair, as long as I'm kind of slouching and leaning back so I'm not sitting straight up. Standing or sitting up straight puts too much pressure on my spine. I feel the biggest amount of improvement today so far. There is a big difference today. The pain is much more tolerable. Kimmy and Jared took the kids to our church this morning, and then brought the kids over. Kimmy said that Hailey did really well in her class today and stayed by herself. Hailey and Max were really happy to see me. Max climbed up in my lap right away. Kimmy and Jared left Hailey and Max with us while they went to a birthday party for my great aunt. It was nice to have the kids again for a while. We sure do miss them. Max sat and cuddled with me for a long time on the couch. I sang to him and he just kept smiling at me. Hailey and I played with playdough while Max took a nap. When Kimmy and Jared got back, Bruce threw all the candy that he had picked up at the parade so the kids could go pick it up. We told them the parade came, and there was lots of candy in the grass for them. We gave them all pails and they had so much fun finding all the candy. Bruce pushed me out in the wheelchair so I could watch. I got to hold Adam for a while and he kept smiling at me. He is really starting to babble alot now and it's so cute. I think he even said "hi" to me. It sounded just like it and he turned and looked right at me when he said it. I think he meant it. It was fun to watch Hailey, Jacob, and Max looking for candy. They looked so cute carrying around their pails picking up candy out of the grass. Max was so funny cause he wanted his milk but didn't want to put his sucker down. So he would hold the suker and his cup right by his mouth going back and forth licking the sucker and then drinking milk (just like in the picture above). Kimmy and Jared and the kids all stayed for dinner and desert. Then they took all the kids back home to there house. Hailey and Max are going to stay the night there again. At least I got to spend most of the day with them though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea to throw out the candy and let the kids pick it up - they sure had fun. Thanks for dinner.

Melissa said...

They sure did. I think they had more fun than they would have if they had seen the parade because it was something different that they have never done before. Well, I know Hailey liked it better anyway, no loud firetrucks!