Sunday, October 21, 2007













We had another bad night last night. They were both up all night again. Between the two of them waking up , I hardly got any sleep at all. I only got about an hour of sleep all night. I am exausted. I could hardly think straight this morning. When Bruce got home from work, I told him what a terrible night we had last night. So he decided to take a sick day and not go into work tonight. The kids were so grumpy and acting so tired so I put Max down for an early nap this morning. They really hardly slept at all last night, so I figured Max could use two naps today anyways. I layed down with Hailey to try to take a nap myself, but she never did fall asleep so neither did I. Bruce made a roast while we were laying down. We had it for lunch and it was so good. Even the kids ate a few bites of the meat which is better than they've been eating. We took the kids outside to play cause it was such a nice day out today. They are so much happier when they are outside playing so it gives us a break from all the crying and whining. The other day we got a steering wheel for the swingset, so Bruce put it on today for the kids. Max loved it. Hailey liked it too and would sit on the board behind it pretending she was in the backseat. We needed some more Motrin for the kids, so we went to meijers to get a few things. Bruce stopped and got me a mocha to help me wake up. We also got donuts. Max only took a couple bites of his and put the rest down. He really must not be feeling well. Hailey fell asleep on the way to meijers, so Bruce just ran in to get the stuff we needed. She woke up as soon as we got home, but at least she got a little nap. I put Max down for another nap this afternoon. He woke up very grumpy again. He would cry and want me to hold him every few minutes. He would just be playing and all of a sudden start crying and saying "Mama, Mama". I felt so bad for him. He has the saddest cry right now too. My mom heard him crying while I was on the phone with her today and she could hardly stand to listen to it cause it's so sad. I sure can't wait till they are felling better. It seems like it lasting forever. Hailey even still has a fever and it's been a week now. Max went to sleep really good tonight. Just a few minutes after I layed him down, I had to go get something out of his room and he was already asleep. But Hailey is having a really hard time falling asleep tonight. She kept coming out crying every few minutes. She has finally just stopped coming out, but I don't think she is asleep yet. At least Bruce will be here to help tonight. With both of us taking turns getting up with the kids, at least we should get a little more sleep tonight. I definately need it. Bruce has been getting more sleep than me even though he's been on midnights. Actually I haven't slept well this whole month cause as soon as I got better from the surgery, the kids got sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you got some rest last night. Love ya.

Melissa said...

I did, Kimmy. With Bruce here, I got wasn't up near as much. I'm feeling much better today.