Friday, October 12, 2007




The kids slept in until 8:30 this morning. Bruce got up with them and fed them breakfast so I could sleep in. I haven't been sleeping very well lately. It's hard to get comfortable cause my back is still pretty sore. I can't wait till the swelling goes down and I can get the stiches out. I'm sure it'll feel much better then. A couple birds got stuck in our wood stove last night, so this morning Bruce tried to get them out. He put a huge garbage bag around the front, and tried to push them into it with a yardstick. He got one of the birds to go into the bag, but the other bird escaped and flew to the kitchen getting caught behind the shade. Then as Bruce was trying to close the garbage bag to let that bird back outside, it escaped to flying all around the house banging into all the windows trying to find a way out. Hailey and Max were sitting on the couch, and when the bird flew into the living room above their heads and all around, they both started crying and screaming. They were both terrified, but I couldn't really comfort them right away cuase I was trying to help Bruce open doors and windows so to get the birds out. Max was just screaming at the top of his lungs. It was kind of funny. Finally, the bird found his way out the front door, and we opened the window for the other bird to get out. We were laughing so hard when it was over, even Hailey thought it was funny once we let the birds outside. We went to the mall to pick up Hailey's pictures today. It was my first time leaving the house, other than to the doctor, since the surgery. It felt good to get out. We walked around the mall and went through a few more stores. We also let the kids play on the quarter rides. Our kids don't really care if they move or not, so we hardly ever put quarters in. They have just as much fun playing on them without moving. Actually Max doesn't even know they move, and Hailey won't even stay on them if they are moving. Max's favorite was the motorcycle and the helecoptor, and Hailey just likes them all. She doesn't stay on the same one for to long before she moves to the next. We saw Wes and Gayla while we were there, so we visited with them while the kids were playing. When we got home we had chili for lunch. I love chili on cold days like today. Bruce put Max down for a nap right before he left for work, so my mom didn't need to come right away. She needed to get some packing done because they are going camping this weekend. She came a couple hours later, and brought cabage buns for dinner. I don't really like cabage but I love my mom's cabage buns. The kids love them too. Mykenzie stayed and helped me with Max while my mom and Kimmy took Hailey to her dance class. Max woke up grumpy from his nap, so Mykenzie helped me give him a bath after they left. He was happy as soon as he got in the water. He loves to play in the bathtub. Mykenzie was a big help again lifting him whenever I needed her to. My mom said Hailey went into her dance class by herself again and the teacher said she did really good today. She did all the dances by herself without the teacher helping her. I think having the video of the class and practicing it helps her alot. Of course, she'll do anything for Aunt Meme, even go potty on a public toilet. If my mom or I can't get her to do something, she'll usually do it for Kimmy. She even got her to stay in her Sunday School class by herself at church last week, and she got her to go on some more rides at the fair when I couln't get her to. Well, at least by the time I take her to her dance class next, she'll already be used to going in by herself. She really likes her teacher now too. Hailey and Mykenzie colored again while we were getting Max ready for bed. Hailey got marker all over her hands and face too. I took a picture of her when she was showing me her picture she made, and you can see her messy face in it. Mykenzie read books to Hailey before she went to bed, and they were both laughing so hard. They were reading "Wacky Wednesday". They must have thought it was a pretty funny story. I never saw Hailey laugh so hard. Both kids went to bed really good tonight. Hailey fell asleep within minutes again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story about the bird in the house is so funny. I read about you having chili and made me hungry for some so thats what I made today - yummy. Even better eatin in this cold weather.
Jacob also enjoys the quarter rides while there not running. He has just as much fun as when they are moving.

Melissa said...

I know, they don't even know the difference. When we did put a quarter in for Hailey once, she didn't even stay on. They like to move from one ride to the next. I sure wish they would put in one of those nice playlands in our mall like they did in Midland though. I like having the seats around it so the parents can sit and watch.

Anonymous said...

Jacob did the same thing - getting off the ride after putting a quater in. He also loves going from one ride to the next. Seems like a waste when you put a quarter(or two) in and they hop right out. Hope you had a good day. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeh, I keep wanting to tell you I have Max's pj shirt here just so ya know.

Melissa said...

Ok, I think I have one of Jacob's sweatshirts here too. It's an orange fleece sweatshirt size 3T.