Wednesday, October 3, 2007






Well, I am now scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning. I started leaking even more spinal fluid last night. When Bruce changed my bandage we noticed that it was constantly dripping down my back. I put a towel behind me and it got soaked within minutes. The nurse called to check on me today, so I told her that it was getting worse. She talked to the doctor and called me back to tell me that I was scheduled for surgery. I didn't expect I would have to have surgery again, but I'll be glad to get it fixed. I'm definately getting tired of the headaches and laying around. Of course, they'll probably still make me lay around for a few days I'm sure. Hailey is sure having a hard time with all this. She has been acting out a little bit lately, picking on Max and not listening well. Actually they both are. I think they are trying anything they can think of to get me to get up off the couch. She has been complaining about her teeth and jaw hurting the last few days, so I think she is grinding her teeth too. Then she gets teary eyed when she prays for me at night. And when Bruce tucks her in at night she tells him she doesn't want mommy to be broke, she doesn't want me to go away, she wants me to stay here cause she loves me and wants me to take care of them. I think she is really worried about me. Today she told Bruce that Max is sad cause mommy is sick. We know that she is really feeling that way. I feel so bad for her. I wish we could somehow convince her that everything is going to be ok. The kids are staying at Aunt Meme's house tonight and maybe tomarrow night too, depending on how I'm feeling. Kimmy's going to be very busy with four kids (thankyou Kimmy).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying that your surgery goes well. I love you and am happy to watch the kids. Jacob is excited. Don't forget about Champs heartworm chewy. Max dropped most all of Jacob's 25 little cars and a few little people behind the couch. I think if were missing something that will be the first place we look:) I'll be giving the kids a big hugg/kiss from you tomorrow morning. Talk to ya tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I think you are really correct in thinking that your children are concerned and act differently because of their concern. Sending to the farm is exactly what they need. Diversion does the trick on almost every event. I'm praying for you, Bruce and the children as well as good old Kimmy. She can do anything and will enjoy every minute of the doing.

Anonymous said...

The farm is doing the kids alot of good. They are doing much better. Being away and keeping busy playing is heping them keep their minds off everything. Kimmy sure is amazing. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful sister (and brother inlaw too!). It's nice knowing my kids are in good hands and they are being well taken care of. They are so good with their nieces and nephew. They are always doing such special things with the kids, so they always have such a good time there. Melissa