Saturday, September 1, 2007






Bruce has the next three days off. Yah! He made a bunch of spagetti sause with all the tomatoes we picked yesterday. He also makes his own salsa which is really good. We always make sure that we can enough to last us the whole year. I don't even like the store bought stuff any more. His tastes so good. This is the first year he's tried spagetti sauce and it's very good too. After he was done with that, he mowed the grass. Max loves to watch out the window while daddy cuts the grass. He always runs over and climbs up on the stool to watch. While the kids took there naps, I went through piles of clothes, and Bruce helped me put them away in the shed. Our utility room was getting too cluttered. I had two clothes baskets of stuff that had to be put away. Every time we go to a garage sale or to Salvation Army, I add to the pile. It's all stuff that doesn't fit yet or is warmer stuff for the winter. It had been that way for a while now so we were very glad to get it all put away. The kids didn't take a very long nap today. I wasn't quite finished when they woke up and Max started to throw the clothes out of the bucket, so Bruce decided to take the kids around the block while I finished up. Hailey rode her bike and Max rode his car. When they got back we all went for a bike ride. Bruce pulled Max in the cart and Hailey rode on the back of Bruce's bike. We rode over to the school to let them play at the playground. Then on the way back Bruce was trying to rub his tire against my tire and ended up tipping over on his bike. He caught the bike so Hailey didn't hit the ground , but it really scared her. After a few minutes of Bruce trying to convince her that he wouldn't fall again, she was OK and ready to ride again. She did however ask me to ride daddy's bike instead of him. I don't quite trust myself to ride with the kids. I just told her I would ride behind them so daddy wouldn't run into me no more and she was ok with that. When we got back, we let the kids run through the sprinkler to cool off. We had spagetti for dinner. The sauce Bruce made was very good. Bruce also made a squash pie, which I actually thought tasted good. I don't like pumpkin pie so I didn't think I would like it. Max loved it and Hailey just liked to lick the whip cream. In the pictures above, Bruce is feeding Max some bites. Then when Max saw Hailey licking the whip cream, he stuck his fingers in too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Bruce's spagette sauce - and as pickey as I am thats a great compliment:0) Tell Bruce to be careful doing stunts on his bike with my little niece back there. Jared like to be funny and do the same thing rubbing my tire. See ya tomorrow. What time are we meeting for the baseball game? Kimmy