Saturday, September 22, 2007








This morning Bruce put his airplaned together that the kids got him for his birthday. Then he took the kids outside to fly it with him. They both had fun chasing it and seeing who could get it first when it landed. And Bruce was having just as much fun as the kids. Then we went to a few garage sales. We didn't find much, just a couple shirts for Max and we let the kids get a couple toys. Hailey picked a doll and a bag of pretend money, and Max picked a small toy motorcycle and some cars. I do let Max play with the small cars and stuff that are supposed to be for ages three and up, but only when I am watching him closely to make sure he doesn't put them in his mouth. He loves it when I get them out for him. It really keeps him busy for quite a while since it's something different to play with. It works great to give him a couple small cars when we are at at a restaurant or someplace that he can't really run around and play much. I always keep two in the diaper bag just in case. We had to stop at a couple stores on the way home. About two minutes after we got home Hailey was reading her books that Bruce just got down from up in the garage. We had put them up there when we were getting ready to sell the house before. They are all the paper books that she was a little too young for back then. She still loves reading all the hard board books that we have on the bookshelf, but she is starting to really like the longer books better now. She has a few in her closet that we had picked up at Salvation Army, but we got so many nice books from my baby shower. We had put all the board books on a shelf in Max's room, but we had all the paper ones put away. It's been so long now, we kind of just forgot about them until yesterday. It wasn't easy for Bruce to get them down since we had packed alot of stuff up there. But she was so happy to get a bunch of new books. She has been going through them and reading them since we got them out for her. She spreads them all over the floor to pick what one she wants. When she finds one she wants to read, she says "Lets see what this one is about" and then sits on the couch and reads it. She'll sit there and read for a long time too. I let her play with her play money while Max took his nap. She played store and pretended to buy stuff for her babies. I took the kids outside after dinner. I pushed them on the swings for a while. Then we got the sidewalk chalk out. While I was drawing pictures Hailey started coloring on herself. Her arms and legs were all blue and her nose and cheeks were pink. She said, "Look mommy, I made a Hailey clown". I should of taken a picture. It was funny. She was covered in chalk. When we came in, I gave them both baths. They love to play and splash in the tub. I always end up a little wet too. Max got me soaked tonight though. He threw a cup filled with water out of the tub and onto my lap. As soon as I get them dried off, they both take off running. They love to run around the house naked when they get out of the tub. I got both of them to bed by 8:30. Now I have more laundry to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how Hailey's sitting as she reads her books. Can't wait to have the kids. I'll call you when we find out what time the lady wants us to bring Celeste. Maybe we can pick-up Max in the truck on our drive back. Kimmy