Thursday, September 20, 2007














When I woke this morning, Hailey was in bed with me, and Bruce and Max were gone. I remember Hailey crawling in bed with us early this morning, but I didn't hear Bruce or Max get up. Hailey and I were watching Sesame Street when Bruce and Max came home. Bruce decided to let us sleep in, so he got Max ready and went to the store. They got all the grocery shopping done. Kimmy and her boys came over around noon. We all ate lunch, and then Kimmy watched the kids for us while we went to pick up Max's pictures. The pictures turned out really cute. I will be sending them out to everyone. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get them all cut out and written on while I'm recovering from the surgery, unless I have a spinal headache because then I'll have to lay flat on my back till it goes away. But I'll try my best to get them in the mail as soon as possible. I watched Jacob and Adam while Kimmy went to the dentist. They were all getting pretty tired, so Hailey, Max, and Jacob all got their blankies and sat against the wall behind the rocking chair. It was cute how they all were sitting there with their blankies in their laps (Of course, I grabbed the camera). Then I asked them if they wanted me to make a tent for them. They all said yes so I got some blankets and made a tent behind the chair for them. They loved it and layed down in it with their blankies. I think Jacob would have gone to sleep if Hailey would have left him alone, but she kept talking to him. He was so tired. Hailey had fun holding and playing with Adam too. Adam started getting tired too, so I layed him down in the crib and right away he put his thumb in his mouth and fell asleep. When Kimmy got back, the kids danced to some music. Max put on that black hat and was dancing. It's so funny cause it looks so big on his head. Sometimes it covers his face, so you just see this big hat and it makes him look really short with a huge head. Hailey and I crack up laughing every time. When Kimmy was about to leave, Hailey asked me if she could go with her and ride in her car. I told her she will in a few days when I have the sugery. So then she said, "Mommy, can you just go get your surgery right now?". She can't wait to spend the night at Aunt Meme's house. We decided to go get hotdogs for dinner at the drive in hotdog place in town. On our way there, we stopped at Salvation Army. I found a yellow trackor just like Max's and got it for Jacob since he absolutely loves Max's so much. I was so happy to find one just like it for Jacob. After we ate our hotdogs, we went to the apple barn and got cookies. Then on the way home, we stopped at my parents house. I knew Jacob was spending the night there tonight, so I wanted to stop and give him the tractor. Kimmy was still there, so I showed her and we decided to go upstairs and wrap it for him. He was so excited when he opened it. Right away he wanted to take it outside to play in the sand with it. My mom decided to build a bomb fire. So we all stayed and sat by the fire. It was very nice. I'm glad we showed up. Jacob was still holding on to his tractor when we left. Hailey fell asleep in the van on the way home, and Max went to bed right away too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, Thanks for watching the boys today and for getting Jacob that tractor. I'm glad you guys came over for them bonfire. Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Max looks so cute in that hat. Kimmy (Aunt Meme)