Friday, September 14, 2007





Max woke up early again. He woke up while Bruce was getting ready for work at around 7:00. Bruce brought him in to me, and he layed with me till about 7:45. Then he wanted down to play. Right away he got out all his cars and played with them in the window and on the couch like he always does. Hailey woke up at 8:00 and came out and cuddled with me on the couch for a while. Max started getting pretty grumpy after breakfast. He was a little grumpy yesterday too and he hasn't been eating well the last couple days. I thought he was teething, but Bruce called from work and said he wasn't feeling well either so they both must have come down with something. My sister also said that Jacob wasn't feeling well, so there must be something going around. I gave Max some Tylenol which seemed to help. Hailey and Max played with the Little People until lunch. They were so quiet in their rooms playing for a couple hours. Hailey has the Little people playhouse in her room and Max has the car garage and barn in his room. They kept going back and forth between rooms, sometimes playing together and sometimes each in different rooms. They sure played for a long time with them though. Max is starting to pretend to make the people talk. He also pretends to feed the animals. He puts the apples in the tractor, has the farmer drive them to the barn, and then makes the horses eat them. He also makes alot of different sounds for his cars and trucks. I love to just sit back and watch him play. Hailey had her dance class this afternoon. They let me stay in the class and watch again. She did good listening to her teacher. After her dance class, we went to a private fireworks show at Bruce's work. We picked up donuts on the way, and ate them in the lunchroom while we waited for them to start. When it got dark, we sat in the back of the van with blankets. The kids loved the fireworks. Of course, Hailey had her ears covered most of the time though. Max was really excited and he kept yelling the colors. He knows yellow and green pretty well, but copied me for the rest. It was a really nice show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you guys thankyou so much for comming to Rodys dads showing tonight. Im sorry we wernt there but we left for some food since we had been there all day and we didnt get a chance to eat. But I am really happy that you guys came, that means alot to Rody and I. I wish we could have been there though. :o( I love you and hope you have a good day tomarrow. Hailey-did you like dance class? You will have to let me know what you did tonight. Max-did you like the fireworks? It sure looks like you were having fun. Did you like watching sister at dance class, I bet she looked so pretty didnt she? Love you all, and thanks again, O and sorry again.
Love,
Auntie Bikki or shall I say Bippi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week. Maybe having neighbor kids over might help with the socialization process as long as they play nice together. You can see the facination in Max's eye looking at that "bum". Why are you looking at houses, do you have a bite on yours?

What kind of dance class is Hailey in? Mel, I have to ask to you do all the proof reading of your blog, because it is very well written. You type everything out instead of using shorts cuts, slang, and abbreviations like most of us do. Tell the kids we miss them, and we'll come to visit soon.

DR

Anonymous said...

Hi i like the pictures,Haily and Max look like they belong in second grade or somthing.So I met sommone Bruce might know from the hischool band club.I think Bruce went to the hiseschool dance with her.Her last name is Schrump,Mrs. Schrump.

From,Your sister Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel, in the last picture on my last post, Jacob wanted to show me how "Lailey dances". Good thing you went to the fireworks instead of the balloons since they canceled. Have fun at the wedding. Hope to see pictures of Hailey and Max dancing.