Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE!!!














Well, it's Bruce's birthday today. Hailey ran up to him when he got home this morning and gave him a great big hug saying, "Happy Birthday Daddy". She was so excited to give him his gift too, she couldn't wait till later when we had cake and icecream. Yesterday, I took her to the store and let her pick out something from her and Max. She picked out an "airplane" (an X-treme Wings Glyder). Last nightafter she helped me wrap it, she thought we should hide it too, so she went all around the house looking for a good spot. She kept trying it in different spots, but everywhere she put it it would stick out a little bit. She finally found a spot under the table in the living room. Then I decided I might as well give him my gift then too. He really liked the mug I got him. I had Kimmy pick up a mug that a guy in Copper Harbor makes. They are really nice and they're his favorite mugs. Hailey, Max, and I then made a cake and decorated it. The kids had fun helping and they loved licking the frosting bowl afterwards. After Bruce went to bed , I went with my mom and Kimmy to the mall to get Adam's pictures taken. I got Max all dressed up too just in case they had an opening right after Adam's appointment. They lady was very nice and said she could do him right after Adam. It took a while for all of us to pick the pictures of Adam we liked best. He smiled for every one. They all turned out perfect, so it was very hard to choose. Another couple showed up for there pictures, so we had to wait a little longer. At least they had toys to keep the kids occupied while we waited. My mom was also a big help watching Hailey and Jacob. She pushed them around in the stroller when they got too bored waiting. When they were finally ready for Max, he did so good. He did everything the lady asked him too. She would have him put his hands in his pockets and sit and put his hands a certain way and he always stayed where she told him too. He was also smiling lots and even laughing at her. He thought she was pretty funny. It only took a couple of minutes to get a bunch of really good pictures of him. She couldn't believe how easy he was. She said that this is usually the most difficult age. I think it was just as hard to pick his pictures as it was Adam's. I ended up getting more than I had planned because it was so hard to choose. When we got home, I made roasted chicken for Bruce's birthday dinner. Bruce did help a little though. He of course added some things to it to "add some flavor" as he would say. It was very good and so was the cake and icecream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bruce
From the Russell's

Anonymous said...

The pictures of them helping you make the cake and lick the frosting are so sweet.
I can't wait to get the pictures of the boys back - I'm glad you went with us.
Kimmy