Friday, September 7, 2007





The kids both woke up really early this morning. First Max started crying at about 6:30, so I just let him cry for a few minutes and he went back to sleep. Then Hailey came and crawled in bed with me at 7:00. She started crying as soon as she climbed up in my bed. She wouldn't tell me why she was crying though. Max must have heard her cause he started crying shortly after she started. So I went and got him and let him cuddle in my bed for a while too. Hailey was happy as soon as I brought Max in. He actually laid down and cuddled for a little bit. But they didn't fall back asleep. They just talked to each other and laughed the whole time. We laid there till about 7:30 and then got up. Hailey wanted to watch some TV, so I put Clifford on for her. It rained most of the day today. Max wanted to go outside and swing so bad. He kept going to the door saying "ride bum". He wanted to ride his bumble bee swing. Max was getting pretty fussy by 11:00. He wanted to take a nap, but I was afraid that if I put him down that early he would be grumpy during Hailey's dance class. So I kept him up till his usual naptime after lunch. I had Hailey take a nap after lunch too since she got up so early. They both didn't sleep long for being so tired. Hailey only slept for about 45 minutes and Max for 1 1/2 hours. This evening we took Hailey to her first dance class. She was so excited to wear her leatard and her backpack with her tap shoes in it. When we pulled in the parking lot though, she got a little nervous and said she didn't want to go in. We took her in and got her registered. When it was time for class, she hung on to me and cried. The teacher said this was pretty normal for this age group. She said I could stay in the class and then Hailey was happy. A couple other parents had to stay with there kids too. Hailey started dancing with the class right away. I was surprised. She participated most of the time. There were a couple times when she just stood there. But most of the other kids did that on and off too. I thought she did really well for her first class. She said she had fun and wants to go back again. You could tell she was really excited and happy she went. She thought she was such a big girl. She wanted to do everything herself when we got to the van. She was very independant the rest of the night. She didn't want me helping her with anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean early - 4am is early. Just kidding - I know your not really an early morning kinda girl. Hailey looked so cute for her first dance class. I don't want her to grow up too fast. Seems like Kenzie was just going to her first class and now she's almost 10yrs old! Thanks for blogging. I was glad to hear how the first class went. Love ya - see you in the morning - not too early though. Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Melissa...you mentioned your children laughing when they were in bed together. I'll never forget what happened on top of Brockway MT. when all that I hear when you all were lying on the ground looking that the stars was a lot of giggling between sisters. What a memory. Fun, fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the nice anniversary comment. You are such a sweetie. We love you very much. Love Mom and Dad