Monday, September 24, 2007

Surgery Day


The surgery went well. I didn't even yell at the doctor this time! (ha ha ha) The nurse jokingly said that the doctor was wearing earplugs today. I actually felt pretty good when I woke up. I was so happy I didn't have a headache. But, when I got up to get dressed and ready to leave, I started getting a bad headache. It went away after laying back down for a while. They called the doctor and he said it was definately a spinal headache. Then the nurses noticed some swelling around the incision on my back and it got worse within minutes. They called the doctor back and he said that it was from the spinal fluid leaking out. So they put a tight wrap around my waist to help. It is very tight and uncomfortable. The doctor told me to drink lots of caffine and lay down on my back to help with the headaches. So I'm drinking lots of mountain dew and coffee. I'll probably be up all night from all the caffine. I've been laying on the couch with the lights out and shades shut. Champ has been my little buddy laying by my side. I think he knows I came from the hospital. He kept sniffing me when I got home. He stayed by my side most of the time. Maybe he gets worried from all the times I've been in the hospial. My mom came over to see me and stay with me while bruce left to get some pop from the store. Mykenzie and Max also came with her. Mykenzie made me a nice picture . Max was happy to see me. He was tired and cuddled with me on the couch with his blankey for a while. My headache is much better now. I am still laying down, getting up to go to the bathroom. But I did watch a movie with Bruce. That helped pass the time better than laying in the dark. As long as I'm laying down, I'm fine. By the way, I am having Bruce type this for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad your doing good. :o) I was thinking about you all day yesterday. Your surgery made the talk of my work yesterday. Because everyone wanted to know what happened to you. SO I got to tell everyone about "THE MIRACLE" my sister is. After I told one person everyone wanted to know. They said you should go on Oprah. LOL
But everyone thought it was so awesome when I told them how you met Bruce. Well anyways Im glad your doing good. Love you
Vikki
PS the pic on Kimmys blog of Jacob and Max brushing there teeth is so cute isnt it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mommy, Thank you for going at Aunt Mimi's house. I LOVE YOU! I'm happy your out of your surgery. We played in lots of sand. I go down the slide the other day and it was fun. I miss you. Huggs and kisses. Love Hailey

Anonymous said...

Hailey wanted to leave a comment on you blog so I typed what she said. Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Missy...I so glad you have time to recuperate with your children out of the house and in someone elses great care. This is your time to get better. Missing the children is a part of parenting but also having a good recovery is something owed to yourself and and your family. So...plan some breaks in the day with your name on them. Happy to know that the surgery is over and your on the next part of the trip through life. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I am glad the surgery is over and you came through it so well. Big relief for you and me too. I was quite concerned where they hadn't taken one out before. God always sees us through though and gives us peace no matter what we have to go through. Hailey and Max couldn't have been better for me. They are awesome kids, even if this is their nana talking...it is true!!! Whenever you need me to help out with them, please let me know. I love you and I'm continuing to pray for headache to be gone. Mom S