Monday, October 13, 2008







They were picking up leaves one at a time filling their buckets to dump into their pile.


"Organizing" the leaves, "hard" leaves in one shoe and "soft" leaves in the other shoe.
"There's tons of leaves over here!"

It took them quite awhile to get this small pile, and they had so much fun jumping in it afterwards. They didn't care how small it was.




Trying to lift the pumkin. Hailey tried to lift it by herself at first and then she called Max to come help her.









Hailey woke up just before the alarm went off for Bruce to get ready for work. He took her back to her bedroom and she stayed until he left. Then she came and crawled in bed with me. She layed with me until 8:00 but didn't go back to sleep. Max actually didn't wake up till a little after 8:00. He's been getting up so early lately and gets really grumpy just a couple hours after waking up until he goes down for his nap after lunch. He didn't get grumpy at all today. Hailey got a towel, a brush, and the spray bottle and set up a stool in the kitchen. She called Max and said "Max, you want to come play beauty?" He answered "Wah (yah)" and sat down on her stool. She wrapped a towel around his shoulders and sprayed his hair. Then she brushed it and spiked it up saying "Now you look so handsome." While Max was taking his nap, Hailey asked to make a stopsign. She said "First I need red paper and you cut it like a stopsign. Then I got to write a word on it. And then I need a stick." I got out the stuff for her and helped her make it. She asked me how to spell stop and wrote it out herself. Then while I was folding laundry and putting the clothes away, she would run ahead of me and stand in the doorway holding up the stopsign. I had to stop until she put it down. Anytime I would go past her without stopping, she gave me a "ticket" (a dollar out of the cash register)". It was a fun game and I even got something done while playing with her. After I finished with the laundry, I took her outside to play. When Max woke up, we brought him out with us. She got out the rake and started raking the few leaves that we have in our yard into a pile. They were pretty spread apart, so she ran around filling a pail and bringing it to her pile. Max got a pail and helped her. She jumped in her little pile. There were a bunch of leaves across the sidewalk. I took them over there and they filled their pails up and brought them over to our yard to add to their pile. It still was a pretty small pile but they didn't care and had alot of fun jumping in it. Then Hailey started filling her shoes with leaves. She said "I'm putting the hard leaves in this shoe and the soft leaves in that one. I'm organizing them." The kids went down the slide. Hailey took leaves up with her and put some on every single rock step on the way up. They also thought it was fun to take some leaves up and throw them down the slide. When daddy got home, he played outside with us. The kids also had fun helping put the turkey feathers in the big pumkin. The liked picking which color feather to put in next. We picked up a pizza for dinner. Daddy gave Max a bath while I read Hailey her books. Then Daddy gave Hailey a bath while I read Max his books and got him to bed. After both kids were in bed sleeping, I gave Jack his bath. He laughed almost everytime I dumped water over his head. After getting Jack to bed, Bruce and I sat down and watched some TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Cute video of Hailey jumping the the tiny leaf pile.