Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We will be leaving in a couple days for our trip to Chicago. We won't be back till next Wednesday.











Hailey got the camera and started taking pictures of me shaving crayons. She said "I will take some pictures for your blog."


And she also had to take a picture of the "fireworks".






"I makin fireworks!"

"This is my favorite."

"And dis is my paborwit (favorite)."
Finding worms in the dark.

Looking at the worm.






After taking Hailey to school this morning, Max and I played the farm game on the computer. He still doesn't quite understand how to use the mouse, but he does good using the keyboard with the toddler game we have. He really liked feeding the animals and making the tractor go. We got to the school a little early when we picked Hailey up. We sat on the floor in the hallway while we waited. All the kids were sitting in a circle around the teacher and Max was very excited when he saw Hailey. He said "Dere's Haywee! Is she wistening to da teacher?" The teacher decided to take the kids outside to play for the last few minutes. She asked Max if he wanted to come play with them. He was very happy and got up right away to walk with them. Hailey took Max's hand as they walked down the hall. I stayed with Jack in the hallway and talked to some other mom's while we waited. When the kids came back from the playground, another kid was holding Max's hand with Hailey. Another little boy ran ahead to come tell me that Max liked the slide the best. Hailey said that all the kids wanted to play with Max, and they all took turns holding his hand. Max was excited to tell me what he did. He said "I go with da teacher and played at da playgound." When we got home, we stayed outside and played. The kids played on their slide/fort. Then we got pails and looked for pretty colored leaves. I put Jack in the front carrier and we walked around the block looking for more. The kids really enjoyed this. Jack fell asleep right away. When we got back, I started making Mac n cheese for lunch. While we were waiting for the water to boil, I had the kids peel the paper off some broken crayons. I got a peeler and shaved the crayons. Max said "Are you makin fire works, Mommy? Are you?" We ate lunch and then I worked on shaving more crayons. Jack woke up so I put him back in the front carrier. We went back outside and the kids layed their leaves they found on some wax paper. Then they sprinkled some crayon shavings on top. Max really had alot of fun with this and would hold his hands up high as he sprinkled the "fireworks" on his paper. He said "I makin fireworks!" We put another piece of wax paper on top and I ironed them so they would melt together. The kids played up in their fort while I ironed their pictures on their picnic table outside. They kept coming back to check their pictures. I stopped and let them see underneath the towel and they were very interested in how some of it had melted. They felt how it was warm where it was melted and cool where it wasn't. When I was done, they held up their pictures showing me their favorite parts. I put Max down for a late nap at 3:00. When daddy came home, he took Hailey for a ride in his car to try out her new booster seat. We still have her in a carseat because it's safer, but we had to get a booster seat for school field trips. She was really excited to get to ride in it and also in daddy's car. He took her to go get donuts, and they also brought me back a mocha. Max woke up while they were gone. He was a little grumpy when he woke up and wouldn't talk or smile. I finally got him to laugh when I tickled him. He was happy to get donuts. Daddy took the kids to play outside in the dark. They had so much fun running around with their flashlights. They liked shining it on all different things around the yard. It was sprinkling, so Daddy helped them find a bunch of worms. They liked pulling them out of their holes and putting them in a pile on the porch. Hailey sure was excited about playing in the dark. She kept opening the front door to tell me what they were doing. I got some packing done while they were outside. They stayed out for over an hour and then came in for some hot chocolate before getting ready for bed. When I asked Max about his day, he told me all about playing with Hailey's class, finding leaves, and playing in the dark. He also told me about the skunk he smelled yesterday. He said "Da skunk was stinky and if it sprays me den I will be icky icky."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The other day we were going to make the leaf pictures but I was bummed to find out we were all out of wax paper. I picked some up yesterday and we made them today. They sure were fun to make. Jack is looking cubby. We are looking forward to having Max stay with us.