Wednesday, October 8, 2008






Giving Jack kisses.




Daddy took Hailey to preschool today because it was his turn to help out in her class. She was very excited to have daddy come with her. After she got her shoes and coat on before walking out the door, she ran over to Max playing in the living room and said "Max give Hailey a hug. She's got to go bye bye now." He came out from behind the chair where he was playing and they gave each other a big hug. After getting a load of laundry started, I helped Max make a hat. We got these hats at a restaurant awhile ago but Max was too young to do it then, so I saved it for when he got a little bigger. I did them with Hailey and Jacob last year and they loved it. So I figured that Max would enjoy it now. He really liked coloring it and told me the colors he was using. He was so surprised when I opened it and he saw that it was a hat. He put it on right away and said "I a choo choo train dwiver." He wore his hat as he pushed his train around. Max asked to hold Jack alot this morning. He was so sweet with him. He likes to hear Jack make noises. He always laughs and says "Jack say dat." And when he sees Jack smile, he says "Jack smilin for me." When Daddy and Hailey got home, she told me about her day. She was excited to see how much her plant had grown in just the short time while she was at school. It's amazing how fast those bean plants grow. Then Daddy took the kids outside to play for a little while. The kids were excited to see they got a package in the mail. It was from Grandma Brenda. She sent some costumes for Halloween. They are a little big yet but the kids had fun wearing them. We'll probably have to use them next year because they are pretty big on both of them right now. The dress kept falling off Hailey and Max couldn't keep the pants up. Max really liked the police uniform. He kept saying "I a pwicenan. You under awess (arrest)." Grandma Brenda made it out of a real police uniform. It looks really neat. We ate lunch, and then I put Max down for his nap. I did some more laundry. Bruce went and got me a mocha before going to work. He also brought us some donuts. Hailey and I watched Lady and the Tramp. When Max woke up, they played dress up and danced. Tonight while I was getting ready for bed, Jack started crying. He was in his swing. Hailey went up and gave him his pacifier. He stopped crying right away, but when she walked away he started crying again. She went back over to him and he stopped. And again when she walked away he started crying. I walked over and tried giving him his pacifier and he didn't stop for me but as soon as Hailey came back over and started talking to him he stopped again. I got him out and put him on the boppy so Hailey could sit by him and talk to him. She had him smiling and cooing alot. After getting Max in bed, I came out and sat by them on the floor. Hailey told me that he can copy her shaking her head yes or no. I didn't really believe it at first but then she showed me and he really does. He moved his head just a little bit the same way she was doing it. And he did it every time. He copied me when I did it too. He's been imitating us when we stick out our lips or tongue like babies usually do at this age but I never would have thought to try that. I was moving Jack's arms making him dance while I sang a song. He started laughing. He also laughed when Hailey got close to his face and said "Boo". He was really laughing alot for us. He won't laugh when you tickle him but he sure laughs when he thinks somethings funny. I guess he's got a pretty good sense of humor already. Hailey and I were having so much fun with Jack, it was a half an hour past her bedtime when we finally started reading her books and Bible. After getting her in bed, I sat on the couch with Jack and had him cooing and smiling lots before he was ready to eat and go to bed.

No comments: