Tuesday, October 7, 2008



Hailey getting Jack to laugh.











We left soon after we woke up this morning to go to a couple stores. When we got back, Bruce finished putting the door in. The kids played outside and I sat out on the porch swing with Jack. They spent the whole time sitting on their slide steps again watching the guys work on the roof next door. They were waving and talking to the guys working. Hailey was showing off holding Max on the step in front of her. She was talking to him in such as soft voice and acting like a little mommy. We went in for lunch. Hailey asked to help pack daddy a lunch before he went to work. She liked getting things to put in his lunchbag. Hailey got Jack laughing really hard. She had him sitting against the back of the rocking chair, and she was sttiing in front of him. As she rocked, she said "a-rock-a-rock-a-rock..." He just thought it was so funny. Now that's two times he's laughed for Hailey and he still hasn't really laughed for me yet. He'll almost start to laugh but it's not a real laugh like he does for Hailey. He sure loves his sister. Max was grumpy all day. He's been getting up really early around 6:00 and he doesn't fall back asleep. And he's been taking over an hour to actually fall asleep at night. I hear him talking and singing for an hour after I lay him down. And then he hasn't been taking very long naps either. But he's been doing excellant on the potty. He only had one accident today and only wears pullups while he's sleeping. After Max woke up from his nap, we played Mr. Potato Head. Max was laughing when we made some goofy ones. The kids played with Playdough while I got dinner ready. By 6:00, Max was very tired and crying over every little thing. I was walking around the house and siad "Max you need to go to bed." But I didn't really mean right now. He heard me and got up and got his blankie, monkey, and elephant and ran to his bed. I read him some books which made him happy. I got Max to bed by 7:30. Hailey was in bed by 8:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Jack's expression at Hailey.