Monday, October 27, 2008





Bruce let Jack and I sleep in. We had to take Jack to the emergency room last night with complications from the surgery. He was so tired from not sleeping at all yesterday that he slept until 10:30 this morning. Bruce took Hailey to her dentist appointment. She didn't like it this time and cried. She hated getting X-rays and when they flossed her teeth. She was excited to show me her toothbrush, stickers, and pencil they gave her though. Bruce took the kids and Champ outside to play while I did laundry. Then we all took a walk. Hailey liked walking Champ on his leash. We had a roast for dinner. When Hailey saw what we were making, she asked who's birthday it was. (That's what we always have for birthday dinners.) I decided we would pretend it was Champ's birthday. (We are putting him to sleep in a couple days and wanted the kids to have some happy memories from his last days with us.) The kids thought it was funny that we gave Champ his own bowl of meat. After dinner, we went to Meijers to get icecream. We gave Champ a bowl of icecream too. The kids wanted to sit on the floor and eat theirs with Champ, so we all sat on the kitchen floor and ate our icecream. Jack sat in his bumbo seat by us too. It was such a fun time together. Hailey and Max sure thought it was great doing something out of the ordinary. And Champ sure loved his icecream. He licked his bowl clean. The kids laughed as he kept licking his bowl even after it was all gone. They thought it was so funny as he moved around the kitchen with his head in the bowl cause it kept sliding across the floor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you gave Champ a birthday party. Got me all choked up reading about him. He was a great dog! I love you. See ya tomorrow.

Melissa said...

Ya, I cried when I posted this one too. I sure do miss him. He was the perfect dog. Love you too, and we'll see you at the Christmas party.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you guys...tears are flowing. He was just the best dog you could ever have. I miss him too. So glad he had such a nice party. Neat how you all sat on the floor having ice cream with him. Love ya!

The Daddy said...

Looks like Bruce is using a "Dennis" bowl there for his ice cream??

Melissa said...

Yep, Kimmy got us those for Christmas one year.